1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) Dubious Literature Competition Hosted by Pirate Captain Holly Bloodhand

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Riyana, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I went to the auction house today to find this notice pinned to the door:

[​IMG]

I'm fairly certain I saw Caleb the thief scuttling away, but he hid before I could catch him.

It appears that Holly Bloodhand was inspired by the "fanfic" discovered in the Jewel of the Isle vault, and is now soliciting her own fan fiction--as tales of her "glorious adventures and victories" must surely be fictional. Classy...

For any scoundrels wishing to participate in this farce competition, it appears that the event will be as follows:

What: Literature contest with the topic of "Holly Bloodhand's glorious adventures and victories at sea". Prose and poetry both accepted.

When: Saturday, July 18th at 8PM ET.

Where: The Nujel'm Theater, Trammel, Chesapeake

Prizes: First Place- 10M gold
    Second Place- 5M gold
    Third Place- 1M gold

Apparently if the winner is particularly outstanding, Holly will be awarding a special prize from her personal collection. I'm not sure what this is but the scuttlebutt at the docks is that it is quite desirable!

I have also heard a rumor that Holly has asked for Lady Ashlynn of Cove to serve as an "impartial" co-judge. This should be interesting...

---------------------------------------------

OOC Notes: Seriously, there is a great prize up for grabs here! Do your best!

-Entries should be written in sealed (red-leafed) books and brought to the Nujel'm Theater, then recited/presented at the event. Bring a few copies so others can read! Please leave entries in the downstairs mailbox in the Vesper Auction House before the even--but you will still need to present your story/poem to win.

-Your story or poem should fit in a single NPC book--please make sure your book is readable in both clients. Just remember that you will be reading it live!

-It doesn't HAVE to be about Holly, but it should definitely be sea/pirate related, and as this is an in-character event, and your judges are Holly and Ashlynn... well...

#1 Riyana, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Rumor around Vesper is that two entries have already been turned in! Better get those quills going!

(Please put a copy of your book in the downstairs mailbox in the Vesper Auction House.)

whiterabbit likes this.
  3. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

ashlynn a judge??? aaaagggg

Riyana likes this.
  4. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Less than a week now to finish your entries! We still only have two... let's get some competition in!

Naitch likes this.
  5. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

OZOG WINZ

old gypsy likes this.
  6. Naitch

Naitch Journeyman

Got a story coming your way soon Holly...

old gypsy and Riyana like this.
  7. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Tonight!

8. Naitch

Naitch Journeyman

Here is a screenie of the bonus prize Holly awarded me last night for my story entry: VERY NICE!

naitch.jpg

9. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

1st Place: Naitch
    2nd Place: Lestat
    3rd Place: Pheonix
    Honorable Mention: Jonah

10. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Well.. technically Jonah got a bounty put out on him... :p

It was a tough call. All the entries were great. I'll be posting a proper article here soonish.

old gypsy likes this.
  11. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So far Naitch and Lestat have sent me copies of their stories by PM. If everyone else could do the same that would be great!

12. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I posted the results and entries on the Times although I am still missing one or two. If Jonah is feeling too lazy I may have to just write it up myself. =P

Naitch likes this.