1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Duel question

Discussion in 'SWG General Discussion' started by ClanBeviin2, May 14, 2008.

1. ClanBeviin2

ClanBeviin2 Guest

I'm not a huge dueler, but I do on occasion. In the past, I've deathblown others by accident when I've only wanted to incap. Lately, I've had a few duels where I've *wanted* to DB, but I've only incapped. After one, in fact, I had incapped the guy, he got back up and I wasn't able to shoot him again--I thought a duel could only be ended if both players wanted it to end.

Can anyone give be a quick Duel Rules 101 as to what's going on?

2. RainStar

RainStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't db after you incap someone the only current work around is to type /deathblow or try setting up a hotkey.

Were you near a server line?

3. ClanBeviin2

ClanBeviin2 Guest

No... last time I was in the middle of Eisley. So if it's generally not possible to DB someone after incap, how is it that I have accidently DBd in the past?

And in the recent past, I've incapped but then re-fought and DBd after the other player got back up. I'm so confused.

4. RainStar

RainStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You can DB someone after incapping them, just sometimes it bugs out.

5. BadgerSmaker

BadgerSmaker Guest

There are three ways to execute a deathblow, double-click on the incapacitated player, bring up the radial menu on them and select deathblow or use the /deathblow command.

In a duel, you can use the /endduel command at any time to end the duel, if the person you are duelling uses this command you will be notified by system message.

There is a know issue in a guildwar where double-clicking the incapacitated player has no effect, you must use the radial menu or /deathblow command.

Accidental deathblows can stem from clicking the primary attack to often, by default this is the left mouse button. Be aware that you can just hold the mouse button down to repeatedly execute default attacks, it is not necessary to click furiously and you will attack at the same speed.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!