1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb Question - Mining macro

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by HeavyMetal, Sep 5, 2010.

1. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal Guest

Good afternoon,

I hate to make the thread, Im sure its probably dreadfully simple, but I just reactivated my account and want to do some mining to pass the time.

How are people setting up their mining macros these days? Tried searching for "mining macro" etc but..... I want to make sure im doing it the best way.

Thanks for any pushes in the right direction.

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If your mining in the classic client you should try the enhanced client. The macroes include a mining by resource that is unmatched in the classic client. Play with the macro of the enhanced.

Enhanced Client User Guide

Enhanced Client Macros

-Lorax

3. If mining in 2d, The better way :),I set it up for F1 last object, Last Target. hit apply and then exit out, Click your pickaxe or shovel (Im superstitious about shovels being superior) And go ahead and hold F1, and wack away!

Good luck! Im not sitting in front of my UO screen right now, if that doesnt work let me know and Ill run and check it for you.

O welcome back! What Shard?

4. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal Guest

Thanks for the ideas... turns out it was way simpler, I just did target by resource and used a shovel.

I vaguely remember last time I played something about having to do a target by resource but you had to keep dragging your shovels into the macro instead of it automatically just finding one, etc.

I'm on Pacific, though if I cant find a guild there I might look elsewhere (can you even do a shard transfer in UO, if not id just start over).

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes, you can purchase shard transfers - they were added to the game about 6 years ago.

6. I would only buy a transfer if it was really worth it. I mean if you have a ton of items, and skills maxxed, yeah go ahead but, if not just restart. Atlantic's community is large, cats, Great Lakes, Chesse at times. good luck