1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb Question Time: SDI and 'Hit' Items

Discussion in 'UHall' started by canary, Jan 21, 2011.

1. canary

canary Guest

Does SDI on your suit affect hit lightning, fireball, etc etc?

Thank you in advance for the response (unless, of course, you call me dumb, lol).

2. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Im sure no but ive been wrong before

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I would think so, but isn't it pretty much just on jewelry & books?
    What else has it, that's has spell channeling too?

4. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's not a dumb question and yes SDI does help slightly on your hit spells on weapons. Obviously it's not worth finding the room for SDI on your suit as the increase is VERY minimal.

5. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think i read somewhere that Hit Spell damage is based off of the equivalent of a mage casting the same spell with 70 or 80 eval. I think it's 80 but I'm not 100% sure, and SDI doesn't work with it :(

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

SDI
    tally cloak robe legs necklas rings bracelet books hats.

SDI
    pump as a scribe

Can always have an imbuer make you a mage weapon with lightning. Something weak like a skinning knife with low damage. Have friend stand there with max phys resist to lower the knife hits damage so the lightning damage shows. Get a good average of bunch of hits. Then stand back still holding the blade with whatever it's magery negative was and cast lightning.

Then come back and tell us how it went. Without a friend to take a few shocks, I just have ideals.

7. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Hit spell on a weapon is affected by SDI. I have no idea what they mean by 70 or 80 eval. All I know is that on average my lightning does 11-12 instead of 9-10 with SDI........ Just sayin.

8. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Item SDI mods DO affect hit hit spell, as well as having inscribe.
    Tested to make sure.
    But again 15 sdi gives you 1 extra damage with hit lighting on average vs 70s. GM Inscribe gives another 1 extra damage on average.

So dont waste your armor mod if you are a dexer. Unless you prefer baddie suit that some noob wear in 50s and 60s and get hit by crushing blow for 55+ damage or something or so they say :lol:.

Actually unlike most mages that jumped on the bandwagon of myst cookie cutter, I still play my classic tactics mage sometimes. So I guarantee you sdi and inscribe does affect hit spells. I can score very nice damage boost on my hit lightings on my legendary tactics mage with GM scribe + 15sdi after curse.

9. Yes SDI as an item mod affects your weapon's hit spell dmg. Like WarUltima, I confirmed this experimentally years ago. And a UO Dev once confirmed this in writing as well.

10. canary

canary Guest

Thank you all for your replies. :)

11. canary

canary Guest

I play an archer who uses 'hit lightning bolt' bows (composite and shortbow, I know many hate them but I like them for their speed due to hit properties).

135 hit/ 165 sta/ 70 mana btw, all 70s suit (13 MR 35 LMC 11 SR 8 HPR)

The reason I initially asked is because I realized I have 28 sdi built into the suit (I wear the arcane temp. circlet and kelp leggings as well as having sdi on my bracelet). Just wondered if it mattered.

12. WarUltima

Stratics Veteran

If you have the sdi built in then it's already. Dont run around in 50s or 60s resists tho.

The sdi will definitely work but in PvP the cap is only 15, so you are already over-capped.

13. canary

canary Guest

Please, even my TAILOR wears an all 70s suit. :)

Forgot about the PvP cap, though... ty for reminding me. I typically am more a PvM'er with semi regular jaunts into the world of player versus player combat.

14. WarUltima

Stratics Veteran

Hehe same here. My mule wears all 70s max lmc/lrc +hpi and MR ect (basically a PvP mage suit). Since suit making is so easy now I tend to perfect suit.

So to make it easier for you, your lighting will do 1 more damage on average compare to a dexer running no sdi against all 70s and if the target is cursed you can average a 2 to 3 damage increase with hit lighting.