1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dungeon BOD question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Alton Darkpick, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Alton Darkpick

Alton Darkpick Adventurer

In the ratman area of SA it is possible to grab junk bods off the ground. Anyone know what the respawn timers are on these bods?

2. P.W.N

P.W.N Guest

mate its all random that drops there lol,basically everything that people throw away into a trash barrel ends up down at the ratman spawns :)

3. Alton Darkpick

Surely thats not it though? i have found combinable bods in bronze and agapite down there.

4. Alton Darkpick

I wonder if decay from other areas does as well?

I found a chest with 2 kegs of invis pots and a few other things as well in it.

5. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

For some players the cost of the ingots vs reward is the deciding factor on filling bods

6. Alton Darkpick

I guess i can see that. I mine for fun however and love spanking the elementals. The only mining tool i use is garg ones.

7. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Me too, I strickly use gargoyle pickaxes to pull up ore.

As for the BODs in the dungeon, you just found some that someone threw away. When a player tosses an item in a trash barrel (in a house) or a public trash can, there is a chance that it can respawn down there. Some folks are only after high end runic and POF reward giving BODs.

Stayin Alive,

BG

8. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you use the prospectors tool first, you could get an elemental from every spot. (Since there are no dull copper elementals from the garg pick. )

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There's not very many combinable BODs in Bronze or Agapite worth anything.

Bronze:
    2 LBOD (EX 10 or 15 Plate) give gold runics (possible rare upgrade to a higher hammer. However, that upgrade will usually be to-)
    1 LBOD (EX 20 Plate) gives an ASH +30 as the base reward, possible upgrade to something higher (can theoretically be as good as a Valorite Hammer).
    1 LBOD (normal chain 15) has a 10% chance of giving one of the colored anvils.

Everything else is crap, unless you've got a ton of bronze lying around, and you can fill normal 20 smalls for the 20% POF chance.

Agapite:
    Normal Larges give hammers in the copper-bronze-ASH+10 range (and are too low for the random buff to kick in), BUT...
    a. you can buy those hammers for less than the metal cost
    and
    b. EACH ONE of those normal 10 & normal 15 Agapite smalls is a 90% POF BOD TURNED IN SMALL.

Normal 20 plate gives a 120 PS (wow...)

EX smalls give Copper Hammers, Bronze hammers, or a 10% chance of a colored anvil.
    Exceptional 20 Larges give (ring/120 PS)/(Chain/ASH+30)/(Plate/ASH+60)
    Exceptional 10/15 larges give (ring/bronze or ash)/(chain/gold hammer)/(plate/agapite hammer)

So, really, only the Chain & plate exceptionals are worth combining, for various definition of "worth" - the normal 10s & 15s are about mandatory turn-ins as smalls (and non-combinable or ring EX 15s if you are looking to make an anvil collection), with the rest being for mid-range hammers of the types typically only used these days as part of relic fragment production.