1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Fishing?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by 4gregu, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't expect to be 100% safe when fishing, but is anyone willing to share some relatively safe dungeon fishing locations? I currently go to the mushroom cave, and Shame at the bridge, but if someone else is fishing those area's, it makes it tough to get fish for the quests sometimes. Plus with the impending changes to Shame, it will make it even worse. Thanks :)

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I fish a lot in despise near the ogres I usually only have to kill 1 or 2 then i have the place to myself for a long time unless someone lures more to me

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

another place is go into the abyss from the human/elf side and fish off the bridge nea goblins as long as you dont get close to the goblins i have no problem

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Ice Dungeon, near the bridge between Arctic OLs is fairly safe.

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If you can run past the entrance stuff, the underworld has several 100% safe areas.

My personal favorite is to go like you are going to the Abyss (run past the bloodworms & blood elemental, of the latter is present). Take the teleporter across.

Now, walk back onto the remnants of the broken bridge the teleporter bypasses.

Use teleport (with scrolls if not a mage - 3rd level scrolls go off at 1st level difficulty, so even someone with 0 magery can do it), and teleport down to the single block between the two cascades.

There's room for up to 9 lobster traps down there, and 4 areas you can cast into, without teleporting again. If you fish out the 4 spots, you can teleport under the south end of the ruined bridge to find two more resource squares to fish (room for 3 or 4 traps), and you can teleport from the bridge footing and back to the single block as often as you want. The Blood elemental, etc. can "see" you, but not target you. The same probably holds true for others targeting you, when under the bridge, but the single square would probably be vulnerable to ranged PvP attacks from the bridge top in the same manner as you can teleport down, on SP & Mugen.

6. Nails

Nails Journeyman

as they start to change dungeons like shame there will be less and less spots to do this easily. great change but sux for fishers.

7. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

NE Destard up in the corner. Can drop 8 traps also. Fishes out fast. Find an oldster for a rune to the hidden tunnels under Buc's Den. Once the liches are away from the Doom Bell or just cross and fish the Guantlet beach all day.

I will miss Shame bridge trap and fishing. I will say it again. The Doom Bell beach needs a long peir for trap fishing.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I hadn't realised that buccs caverns counted as dungeon. I think you can get down there without a rune if you know where to walk. I've done that on 3 shards, but never tried on any others.

9. TMC Crowley

TMC Crowley Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

wind inside the city in all them marble pools of water just got teleport on top the walls .

10. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just wanted to say that Bucc´s Den Undeground on Europa does not give dungeon fish (inshore only) and.......

does anyone remember the "Pirate" event thing (Rhumbaba!)? Well, I still have a rune to the pirates lair. Funny enough you still fish up "old" one stone fish there....

Hephaistos of Europa

11. Jonah-Fla

Jonah-Fla Guest

I ran in and marked a rune to this area and you have to keep an eye out cause every now and then an ice snake or ice ele wants to wonder over to see what your doing.

This is a great spot that I fish all the time :)

12. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I just tested under Bucc's Den in Chessy. I only got inshore fish.

13. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

The cave area at the bottom of terathan keep is my new favorite since they messed up Shame.

14. popps

popps Always Present

Since it is not possible to recall straight there that I remember, and the ground floor where the entrance is located is rather messy, how you get there safely with a fisherman riding a blue beetle ??

15. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

*Declassifies Skeleton Key Shipping Company Secrete Shame Location*

[​IMG]

Lucky Luke likes this.