1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Hunter Help Needed.

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by keeshi, Oct 16, 2007.

1. keeshi

keeshi Guest

I had an idea for a treasure hunter, and was wondering if anyone would help me out...

My idea is have a new chara with 50 Lockpicking and 50 Magery(starting) Do only dungeon Chests and make his money this way, does anyone think its possable?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

sure anything is possible...dungeon chest are alot of fun.
  3. Dalamos

Dalamos Guest

Yeah, you could diffently do that!

It will be slow going, but if you are enjoying yourself I say go for it. Its not to hard to devlope your skills just by playing and having fun.
  4. Keno

Keno Guest

Just a thought but wouldn't it be more efficient to start with 50 Lockpicking and 50 on another skill (Cartography?) then just take a few minutes to do the Haven quest to raise your Magery to 50?
  5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    If you're having enough lockpicks at hand, I would recommend to work from 50 to ~76 (when you re actually able to open a lvl 2 chest) with a lvl2 paragon-chest (from an earth elemental for example). Afterwards you are fine with chests from brigand camps to continue training lockpicking. (Haven has fast respawning camps. You can get rid of the brigands with blade spirits. After hitting 84 (lvl 3 - chests) your set better for dungeon chests. (And dont forget to check the chests at banks.)
    For the Haven-Quests, I would start with 49 magery. (I dont like training magery that much but going from 49 to 50 and getting a reward for it, is fine. Only that the magery reward istn that impressive.) If that should be a new char to a fresh shard, start with 49 inscription and work it for the Haven quest up to 50. Reward is an undead slayer spellbook, which should/could sell well enough to provide you with a cheap lrc-suit, a full spellbook ,a good bunch of lockpicks and some spare money for further needs.