1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] DUPES DEALT WITH !?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Xel Naga, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

Can it possibly be EA has done something to combat against the dupes out currently ?

Some of the Clilocs from the next pub from uhall.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=108528

I wonder if they're turning the current changling dupes into these replicas, turning the duped copies into replicas, or simply releasing replicas to the actual event items to devalue the dupes and make this stuff available to all o_O

2. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

3. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is safe to assume for now that they will be releasing these items.

4. NB-Cats

NB-Cats Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thats not all though, they should also make the decorative items that got duped replicated...

Heres the most recent list:

Royal Guard Inquisitor Cloak (Crimmy Red No Mods)
    Small Animated Wax Candle
    Royal Britanian Architect (Dark Blue Sash)
    07 Best Guild Arirang (Ice White Ring)
    Tattered Monk Robe (3% Phy Res)
    Magic Key (Glowing Light Blue Hue)
    Ancient Tomb of Knowledge (Only 2 Exist, Necro Book)
    Arcane Tomb (Spell Book)
    Zerver Tavern Review Notes (Spell Book)
    Non Spawning Blood Tile (T Shaped)
    Seer Open Book (The Teleporter is the first step...Soon we will be rich!)
    Seer Open Book (This Access to the Mainland is Vital...Do Not Fail!)
    Marble Table (2 Pieces ea set) (2 sets Facing Both ways)
    2 STory Talking STatue
    Boulder (3piece)
    Wind spirit
    Shroud of Talkeesh
    Shroud of Ari
    Lt guard Sash
    Shroud of ARrirang 1st
    Good sammy robe
    Necromancer robe
    Acid proof robe
    Mythical detective boots
    Oak Leaf Shroud
    Orc Chief Helm HPI
    Orc chief Helm hCi
    Gladiators Collar
    Scaffolding
    Item bless deed
    Neon Leather tub
    Idol statue
    Royal INquis Cloak (20 stealth)
    Ricardo Hat
    Halloween baja blood

5. As far as the replicas go, I have no idea what they will be or are going to be. They may be exact item replicas. They may be implemented as a gold sink with limited use. We don't know that yet.

As far as the list goes, what they have is pretty standard. Its the major IN use items that people adore duping for big bucks, appeal and for PvP. Decorative duping would most certainly qualify to make the list but come on lets face it. Every rare in this game at some point has been duped or has the potential to be duped. That list appears to be zapping the major dupes that occur most frequently due to item dependency and profit purposes.

They don't need to kill collecting altogether. Just take care of problem areas. I would rather the developers implement new items with the same mods as EM items. That way we can continue to have our "rares" while the general public can continue to benefit from the freebies. But it appears the devs took a stance and this is what they chose.

6. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great idea, I would not mind using a few of those in my regular PvE suits without going broke to do so.

As we all know, this would make it not worth the while of the mega brokers to sell the duplicated versions (you have all seen the standard in-stock lists from these folks).

This due to nearly everyone being satisfied with the same look and/or stats (name of item not important to non-hardcore collectors).

7. NB-Cats

NB-Cats Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Less then 2 days ago and they were being sold by a well known broker.

They all had cash prices next to them.

PM for broker name.

8. xxstaticxx

xxstaticxx Visitor

Is it possible that this "Well-Known Broker" was merely selling the items for someone else and your just assuming there duped simply because this said person was selling them?? I mean, That IS what a Broker does right?

9. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

In the literal sense of the word I'd agree, but with the way uo has been going I'd probably say that's not all that most "brokers" do nowadays as less people have a need for actual brokering they get more profits cutting out the middle man and being the supplier xD Least in UO anyway.

10. Of course they are selling them for someone else. The person who has the dupes hoarded on other accounts. I think a more appropriate title shoud be Fencer, not broker.

11. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it against the rules to reply to more than one thread????uh???

12. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

Yes, it's called spamming and it's why you will notice an admin went ahead and deleted all your posts for it.

13. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the only item on that whole list that affects me is tattered ancient mummy wrapping, i dunno how that managed to get on the boat with all those high end event items lol

14. Godiva_DF

Godiva_DF Guest

Any news about this topic after the pub went live?

Did they chicken out again after some whining was done?

15. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Usually clilocs are added one or two patches before their corresponding functionality. So, do not expect to see anything related to this till atleast pub 57.

16. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Or even SA, as these would be logical loot drops for the new group-based encounters planned for that.

17. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Y'know, the thing that bothers me.. is that if these were copied directly from the cliloc files, aren't several of the names wrong? Hopefully that gets fixed before they get.. replicated or whatever. I can understand some of them needing to be shortened for such things, but that doesn't forgive getting the words wrong.

18. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I couldn't find any that were wrong. Some were changed to be more general, but most are exactly the same as the original.