1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Duplicated NPCs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aurelius, May 29, 2012.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Was just mildly amusing when it began - Double Vision and Color Change? | Stratics Forums - but it's spreading, and can't be making the servers happy...

Currently, New Haven on Europa has two Asandos the Chef in the inn, two Lyle the Mage quest givers, two Blacksmithing Instructors... all offering the appropriate quests, but this 'cloning' is slowly spreading.

Surely time for EA to figure out why.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

That crazy guy down in the Abyss... near the rats. Him too.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I like it thus far. Only problem I see thus far is Slasher should see another Slasher as neutral. More mobs, more Fun. Least it's not spammed mobs like Lvl 1 Shame

4. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran

Also the turn in NPCs in Brit Library on Atlantic.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I think it was mentioned already, but I spotted two Sarakki or whatever near Brit Castle after keying Travesty for strong box quests. They looked different, which I found interesting, different skin tone, clothes. I had figured the specific-named NPCs were always the same.

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

Also, Luna now has two mayors. Upcoming conflict? *g*

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

More of some mobs might be fun, IF it's planned - but the potential for problems when the same quest givers get duplicated is pretty high, and as anyone who has ever managed big interactive databases will tell you (and at heart that's what an mmo is!), spuriously duplicated record data is never good.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

... well, actually, that was my first thought. Will scripters simply run at double rate? I think for all intents and purposes, it treats both as the same.

I did Not see "all " NPC's duplicated in Ter Mur
    I did Not see double spawn in Tomb of Kings, BUT, MUCH trickier getting to that thief guy (nepalim or whatever), I barely got my stuff back!
    I did Not see 2 sets of <renowns> spawn doing the Goblin spawn a couple of times, back to back,
    I did Not see double spawn in New Shame, checking mostly on lvl2 where spawn is 'limited' and more grouped
    I did Not see dbl. spawn in Despise.
    Wisp dungeon seemed heavier, I need to spend more time there, but it did not appear completely doubled.

I still think this was all planned and isn't a bug, crippled pets too.