1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Durability Help

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Capt. Lucky, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Okay I recently came back and have a question. I have a legendary smith, he doesn't get much work these days, lol. I'm working up the whole imbuing skill currently. I use almost entirely leather armor. I did happen upon a really nice gorget. It's metal with the mage armor property (Gladiator's collar). So naturally I never take it off. Went to repair it and got 149/150. I witnessed it's mortality some day lol. So is there a way to raise the durability on this up to 255? Or must I face someday this will turn to dust? Does it make any difference this being a "named item" over normal metal armor when it comes to raising durability? Thanks!

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I'm guessing it's a [replica] one? Replica items can't have POF used on them to raise up durability to 255.

Also with imbuing make sure you apply the powder of fortifying to the item BEFORE imbuing. Imbued items can't be powered.

Obsidian and Storm like this.
  3. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Ahhhhh good to know! Thank you very much :)

4. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

In order to decrease the loss of durability make sure your smith has 120 smithing and a +60 ancient smithy hammer when you repair it.

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does wearing a +Skill Talisman help with repair success also ?

Does it matter whether the +skill on the talisman is normal or exceptional repairs wise ?

What about Tailoring, Tinkering, Fletching which do not have +60 Ancient Smith hammers ?
    How to increase the success chance at repairs for those skills ?

6. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I don't think the talisman helps at all, I've never seen anywhere that says it does. I am pretty sure those are only for making new.