1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dusting off the mongbats once again...

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by TheBlackCobra, Jan 15, 2010.

1. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

Two years ago... or maybe four... I started playing UO again. Briefly. For a period of 3 days, before deciding I couldn't go back to the old days, and feeling truly sad about it.

Having (at least temporarily) moved to the US with my fiance, I've been educating her on the Glory Days™ of UO (which for me were everything up to AoS).

Well, that only leads to one possible outcome... sadly, she couldn't be persuaded to join me in Sosaria, but... Well, time to stash all my precious stuff in the bank, and try to explore the world anew!

Any of the old SRC (or Mongbatica) crew around? I was talking to Christine on ICQ earlier, and keep regular touch with Aron Swordmaster.

Hello to all of you who remember the long summer days of nekkid marathons and mongbat wrestling :)

2. Crest Lavender

Crest Lavender Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yay :D

another returner - Heya Sir - i dont think its my right to do this since i am just returned myself - but anyway:

Welcome back :D

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome back, you'll find John in the babble thread. He's been cheerfully holding up the SRC's 'end' there.

4. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

Well Hello...

Are we going to start camping Hanse on these forums like the old days *grins*

So did you finish lord of the swings?

*Starts to gather the Mongoose's (mongeese or Mongi) and a tub of water to soak them*

5. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

I'm actually stalled midway through the Several Towers! I stopped to write something serious, and never realy got going again. The plan is still to someday finish it, and begin on "Hey Look, The King's Back!"

I bumped into John quite by chance last night, and spent a few hours reminiscing and dying to ogre lords on my cartographer :)

I was looking at getting Stygian Abyss, but being in the US with a UK billing address, EA don't want to take my money. Is there an alternative (safe!) way to get an activation code with paypal?

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't know of a way to get EA to accept PayPal, but thanks to advice from Petra I now use a pre-paid credit card, fractionally more expensive but damn useful.

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

8. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

The main issue I have is being in the US, most online stores seem to PANIC when they realise I'm trying to buy something with a UK billing address - which mostly leaves an option of "speak to a real person"... which I dislike :p
    I should really wait until I can afford it, I guess... Which would be sooner if I hadn't kept my 2 UO accounts active all the time I've not been paying.

9. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

btw It's Angel from when SRC was starting up - AKA The Milkman also Used to write the AUO stuff :-D

just realised I've been posting and hadn't said that :p

I have the old stories somewhere on my hard drive :p

10. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

*cheers!* I figured - I meant to mail you once or twice in the intervening 2/5th of a decade since we last spoke, but often figured "Hi, it's Cobra!" would be an odd start to a mail :p

Ah, the happy days of hearing about you and Bob and your "extreme mining trips"

YOU HAVE?! Excellent! I lost all of them except the ones that I put up on MD when I was writing for them!

11. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

It's been years since I've played myself, only just came back,

I went off to venrure into "The Other Game"

After falling asleep half watching "Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light" at the same time as smacking yogg with 0 keepers I realised I was bored...

12. o Kraken o

o Kraken o Guest

Welcome back.

By the way have you given the Siege Perilous server a try?
    It might be to your liking.

13. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

*brief moment of irking everyone else discussing That Which Must Not Be Named*
    Yep, We've not got to him but once, although we rush through TOC10 in half an hour or so. I'm mostly still playing that game, and a bit of LOTRO (Because it's vastly better than the bigger game.) My heart still belongs to Sosaria... and 10th year vet rewards for Cobra come in May, I believe.

14. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

And because I have awesome friends, Cobra will be exploring the Abyss now :)

15. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

Lucky bugger!

I've yet to purchase that update >.<

16. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Hope you enjoy it.. Lots of information to take in but since your doing that anyway you might as well learn about the Gargoyles *grins*

17. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

First you'll have to be allowed in there ... that will be a show to remember *sits back*

:gee: and :gee: and :gee: and :gee: .... and some more :gee::gee::gee::gee:

18. TheBlackCobra

Stratics Veteran

Yep, I got that experience... :p

If anyone finds a kidney on the acid slimes, it may be Cobra's...

19. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:D :lick: