1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dye(ing) to know

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by nynyve, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nynyve

nynyve Guest

Pardon the pun, but may I suggest a thread that shows the results of various dyes (dye tub, stains, pigments of Tokuno etc) on various objects? How, for example, would a red plant stain affect objects made of different woods or metal? Would a chair made of heartwood and a chair made of oak take dye the same way? What happens if you dye valorite armor red? How would it compare to iron armor?

I would also like to see pictures of the various SA craftables such as the gargish bed in the different stones. I was disappointed that EA never provided the info considering the huge investment of stone these objects require.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It doesn't matter what special materials an object is made from, it all dyes the same. I think basically it strips the color off then adds to the base color. Would be neat if it worked otherwise, tho maybe things would end up a bit darker.

I'd love a thread about which dyes look like what on what. Just an FYI for people who dont know you can grow plants instantly on test center, and you can also get the pigments of tokuno (the original colors) when you ask for artifacts. And then resources will get you special metals and woods. I may work on this a bit later, what I really want for myself would be a nice database of every craftable item in the game and if it's dyeable, or reversible, or whatever. I always need pieces and parts for my weird deco, and its kind of a pain to click on every weapon to see what it looks like, or try to remember every crafting thing I can do. I know all those pictures are out there, but a single page with every smithed image or tailored image would be super. That's a big project though. =)

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Heres a chart my friend Ash/Solveig made a while back..hope its some use to you :)

[​IMG]

4. nynyve

nynyve Guest