1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

dyes

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Saria of Atl, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Saria of Atl

Saria of Atl Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

as a returning-from-a-5-year-absence player, I'm a little overwhelmed by how many dyes there are out there now. hair dyes, tokuno dyes, mel dyes, staining dyes...

I have several things I'd like to dye: a deer mask, a broomstick and some leather/studded armor. also, some artifacts. which type of dyes would I use to get, say, a violet courage purple or pure bright white? any suggestions on were to find these dyes or how much they will run me is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

2. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

id say tokuno dyes. on average a full bottle of 50 charges is 1million + or -

3. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Also for the leather armour you can use those new white leather dye tubs (they tend to look a little 'too' white though for my liking). But if you like those colours, I'd go with what BigEv says and grab a bottle of the dyes, because you'll be changing your gear over time anyway and it's always nice to have a bottle ready to do up your new stuff :).

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There's also a white dye tub now for cloth, that's loot from high seas (but anyone can use).

And WHICH violet courage? There's two shades, and the dark one is the one they made a dye out of the color, but I found that color hideous and wish they'd done the other as a dye.

#4 Basara, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  5. Saria of Atl

Saria of Atl Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

hm, I guess I'm not sure of the difference. I'd have to do some research on pictures of both hues. if anyone has one handy, feel free to post.

thanks for the replies!

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

From the Stratics item catalogue

[​IMG]

The one on the right is the Treasures of Tokuno dye color (which to me is ugly - I'd hoped for the left color because my female mage wore one at the time).

#6 Basara, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  7. Saria of Atl

Saria of Atl Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

that was incredibly helpful, thanks! and I suppose one man's trash really is another's treasure; I love the one on the right! haha

8. Sono

Sono Adventurer