1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dying Chest???

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Banner, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Banner

Banner Guest

Why is it that some metal chest will not dye?? Are they all not the same?? I can dye a chest from a shipwreck or a Titan (Paragon) but can not dye the same color chest from say Cyclopean Warrior(Paragon)??? anybody??

2. Banner

Banner Guest

WELL they do say "metal chest" thats the problem!! Some I can dye and some I can not?? All of them say metal chest??

3. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

What're you using to dye it?
    The new stains? Old Tokuno dyes?

I think some of the chests it depends how old they are, some bugs with chests from different times.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you're using the metal dye tub the metal chests with the lighter coloured edging bands (based on the grey chest with gold bands) will dye. The chests with the same colour edging bands (based on the plain grey chest) will not.

I believe this to be an oversight caused by metal chests being added to the list of dyables at a late stage and in a rush, resulting in the person coding it forgetting that metal chests come in two item types.

5. Banner

Banner Guest

Thank you Petra That makes sense. I went back and checked it and all of the ones that I can not dye with the METAL DYING TUB happens to be all the same color.. Kinda bronze in color and the bands match the color of the chest Ty for helping me.. :thumbsup: