1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA Acct question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by S_S, Jan 12, 2014.

1. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Is there any way to change a current email that is used for log in? If so, how? :(

2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

3. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Sadly, that link does nothing for me but take me to some Origin log in page.

4. Lady Michelle

i know you use your email and password that you use for your main mythic uo account log in and you go to edit your email
    edited
    works fine for me in internet explorer, but not in firefox I get page not found

#4 Lady Michelle, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Just going to make sure before I pass this info on to my my friend.

If I change the email that's circled on the top pic, then it will change the email in the place that is circled in the second pic correct?
    try 1.JPG try 2.JPG

#5 S_S, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I just tried this for you on an inactive account and good news! It does.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Also might be able to change the password. I saw the option under "security" but didn't change that. Only the email address.

8. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Thanks so much for testing this DJAd. I'll pass the info on and wish my friend luck. I dread the day I have to personally update anything in that horrid site. :(

Queen Mum likes this.
  9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I know exactly what you mean. Its such a shame things have got like this. The whole account system is just a mess :-(

10. Lady Michelle

Also if you do not have secret question and answer set up not sure if it was once you log in you get a pop up to fill it out or when you go to edit.
    Once you fill it out anytime you go to edit anything you will be asked the question you choosed then you supply your answer.
    I have a hard time remembering my answers so I use a sm note book to keep track

11. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hold it a minute!! Are you saying that changing the email address on the Origin site (that is the store site right) changes your EA login id as well???!!! so you would have a new EA login id with the old password??

How are they connected??? Somehow this seems very wrong:confused2:

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about "EA" login. You mean on EA.com?

I logged into Origin.com changed my email there and then I could login using the new email to: https://accounts.eamythic.com (The UO account management page)

I would think that this is also the same for EA.com but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT - OK I just went to EA.com. In the top right corner there is the login option. This says "origin" next to it and I was able to login with the same details (email and password). It looks exactly the same as the login box on Origin.com and even says origin login, even though its on EA.com.

#12 DJAd, Jan 13, 2014
  13. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

The second picture in S_S's post is what I am calling the EA Login..it is where you log into the account management for UO. You use an email address to log on so if you can change that email on another site (Origin site), you are changing your account name aren't you?? I hate using email address as account id's, it makes everything so confusing.

14. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It only changes the email address to login with. With regards to the account name are you referring to the part that is (for example) example_uo ? If so this remains the same. (The part you login to the client with).

15. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

The email address attached to your game account is through Mythic, not Origin and EA. When I changed my account emails last year, I had to contact Mythic via phone to make that change, and I was told it can not be changed online. Doing that unlinks the game account from the Master EA account, and then you have to re-add that account to your master account. You have to do that for every account linked to your EA master account.

The steps of how to do that were posted in a similar link from last year.

16. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

When I log into account management I use an email address in account name not example_uo. Maybe I am supposed to be using something else. I am totally confused now and not in the least surprized that people are having problems renewing subscriptions!!!

17. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Ok, now that we all thoroughly confused (thanks to EA, Mythic and Origin!), let me try this again, LOL.

My guild mate has a new ISP and will not be able to keep his old email through his old ISP which is his login for the EA acct site. He has a new email with his new ISP and wants to know where and how he needs to have it changed.

Queen Mum likes this.
  18. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

This is similar to the problem a friend of mine is having only her email address is already gone. I would tend to agree with Winters post and it cannot be changed without help from support (good luck with that!) as it is not just an email but also an account name.Although whether or not the 2 uses are connected is anyone's guess.

Queen Mum likes this.
  19. Lady Michelle

need to use your email and password that you use for managing your uo accounts to log into orgin

20. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

This is correct to login to the account management page. You use your email address.

#20 DJAd, Jan 13, 2014
  21. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmmm, I managed to change mine (see above post) and the UO account was still showing under the tab. Its not active so I can check it still works. But it was 100% still showing after I changed the email

22. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Actually, Mythic Customer Service was very helpful and friendly. The hard part was finding the call-back phone number ( I don't remember how I found it). They explained in detail what they were doing and that it would unlink my Mythic account from EA's account management system, and that they had to way to re-link the two. It just has to be re-added to the Master Account.

Changing the EA email address can be done online - I called EA support and they said they could not do it for me. What was posted above by S_S worked to change the EA email address.

23. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I know - but that doesn't change the email account attached to your Mythic game account. Confusing, isn't it?

DJAd likes this.
  24. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've no idea now I'm totally confused myself! How can I see which email is attached to my Mythic account? Man this account system needs burning to the ground.

25. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

26. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

I am sure I would much rather deal with Mythic customer service rather than Origin or EA (if they are indeed different?). Of course it does not bode well for them that you cannot remember how you found a contact number. That information should be easily found. If I click on Support on the Bioware Mythic account page I am ported over to Origin. I have no clear understanding of how Mythic/EA/Origin sites are related to my UO accounts. and that is most likely the main problem. It just seems like a big mess to me.

Queen Mum likes this.
  27. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

Exactly DJ. I was wondering the same thing myself!!

Queen Mum likes this.
  28. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Posted how to change email address back in September - had to find it. I hope it still works.

HERE IS THE LINK

Miri of Sonoma likes this.
  29. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I just found an email which tries to explain about the different accounts and what have you. Here we go:

If you are new to the account center, please review the following information concerning accounts:

EA Account
    This “main” account ties a large number of master accounts together. This is the account name and password you will use whenever you log into the account manager at https://accounts.eamythic.com/. This account does NOT use theaccount name and password you use to log into the game. Unless you have already created an EA Account you will need to create a new account and assign it to use your email. Once you have created your EA Account, your login name for this account will be the email you assigned to it.

Master Account
    Master accounts are sub accounts which “own” one or more Product Accounts. With UO accounts the Master Account will have a similar name to the name you use to log into the game. If you log into UO as “Accountname”, yourMaster Account will likely be called “Accountname_uo” and will use the same password.
    In order to access your Master Accounts they must be linked to your EA Account using the “Link Accounts” button. This allows you to search for your unlinked Master Accounts by either email or account name, then link them to the EAAccount you are logged into. You may only link up to 9 Master Accounts to a single EA Account.
    The list of Master Accounts linked to your EA account will appear in the upper right under a drop-down menu labeled “Current Account”. Once a Master Account is selected from this menu the list of Product Accounts owned by it appear at the bottom of the page.

Product Account
    Product accounts are the account names and passwords you use to log into the game. Once a Master Account is selected through the “Current Account” drop-down menu the Product Accounts it owns are listed at the bottom of the webpage. It is through this list that you may subscribe your accounts, change passwords, etc. via the button located under each account name.

30. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

All I could say now is try using the website (origin.com) (like in your screenshots) to update the email. It did let me change mine and then I could login to the UO account management page with the new email. (https://accounts.eamythic.com)

As Winter says it might not change the email linked to the mythic game account (I don't even know what this is now!) so then you might need to battle it out on the phone with customer support. Good luck!

#30 DJAd, Jan 13, 2014
  31. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

your friend's best bet is to get the new email, and then email [email protected] to unlink accounts from old email to new email otherwise somewhere down the line , if he loses password etc it will be sent to the email the account is linked to.

#31 outcry, Jan 13, 2014
  32. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Just remember that if ever you need Customer Service support for Ultima Online, they will need the email address associated with your game account, NOT your EA master account (although they are the same for me now, just for simplicity).

33. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

How do you findout what this is? This is the part thats confusing me!

34. Lady Michelle

I thought once you linked the accounts they would have the one email that you use to log in to your main account

35. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I read and re-read every post in this thread and I still have no clue WHAT to tell my friend to do. I give up. :)

36. Lady Michelle

ok I went and changed my uo game password and I got the email sent to the main user email that you sign in to your main account. So there is only one email that is used for the game ea orgin and mythic. If you try to change email with mythic wont work you need to log into orgin. to change your game password you need to do it with mythic

37. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I went through the process 6 months ago, and I am still very confused on how to make the change. After that, I vowed to never, ever buy another game from EA if it is in any way tied to the EA master account.

DJAd likes this.
  38. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

this address was in a no-reply email I got from mythic once. You might have your friend start there. It should get you to a point where you can leave a phone number and have them call back. I have never tried this but maybe it will lead to the helpful folks Lady Storm was talking about.

help.ea.com

39. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I read this whole thread and truly confused. lol

Kind of like buying a can of mix nuts but the nuts aren't mixed.

DJAd likes this.
  40. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What about an email that is no longer valid and can not access it?

41. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Just read all these posts and feel like... :stretcher:

42. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I posted a month ago about something I hadn't noticed before. When changing my password, with account verification turned on, I was given six codes. They can be used to recover an account in case the registered e-mail is no longer accessible.

old gypsy likes this.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!