1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA Customer Service does it again

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anne, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Because I can't get an order to go through on EA store I followed their advice to order by e-mail for the second time.

The first time was over a month ago, and getting no response back from them and checking my credit card to make sure I wasn't billed, I sent them a second e-mail to attempt to place the order.

This time I got a response back in e-mail that says:

Oh that makes so much sense to send an e-mail saying you can't send an e-mail, doesn't it? And I'm so happy the knowledge base is going to help me. I just give up. :coco:

I wasn't one bit nice in my reply to them :mad:

2. Slopp

Slopp Guest

did you send the email directly from your email provider? or use their support case form? I believe you may need to login and use the form. if you did do that then nevermind.

3. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The "support site" is not the answer.

I used the procedures outlined by EA to order some codes via the support site. Ten days later I received my order. Not one day, two or three, but TEN days!!!

I am not going to bore ya with the details other than to say if all of EA support is like the experiences I have had over the last 3 months, EA won't be around much longer.

4. TandaBSK

TandaBSK Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

*rolls eyes*
    I've about had it with their customer service. It's gone from bad when I started nearly 9 years ago to just a joke.

I've spent the better part of 3 hours today between the website and the phone computer trying to find an answer. Each and every selection on the phone ends with visit www.support yadda yadda

You go there, set up an EA Master Account, try to use their contact menu it doesn't even list UO as a game option in their category list. No where can I find a live person any more regardless of what country their in.

I am attempting to find out if there is away to retrieve a name change code for which the email has been lost. Its not in any help menu I can find. I did send them an email got an incident report but the category is NOT a game I own because they don't list that one. So I hold little hope of the email doing any good.

Has anyone reading this forum ever dealt with this issue?

5. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

goto support.uo.com

login

use "contact us" to make a new incident and give them the original incident # as well as date and any other reference and you "MIGHT" get some help. Just don't camp by the pc waiting.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I usually have good luck calling 1(866) 543 - 5435. Once the machine answers, select option #1, then wait a moment and select option #1 again. That gets you to a live operator. As long as you are paying by credit card (even easier if it is the same card that pays for your account), they should be able to help you.

Safe Journeys!

7. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

We lost power for 7 days and cable for 10 days from Gustav so has Stratics already changed it's policy on allowing people to advertise sites that sell items for cash in their posts?

You are advertising your website in your sig is the reason I ask.