1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ea customer support messed up...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Max Blackoak, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

I need to vent...so here goes:

So I bought a staygian abyss upgrade + 30 days game time code today via the origin shop. When I tried to use the code on my account I receive a message that this kind of code can not be used with any of my current accounts at the moment.
    I try again and get directed to a page where I'm supposed to type in my new account name and password...I cancel because I don't want to create a new account - all I want is upgrade my old account.

I decide to contact ea customer support and end up in a live chat with one of their employees. After I told her what was wrong she confirmed that the code was alright and then logged into my master account and tried to use the code. Not successful. She tries again and tells me to check whether the account is now active. I log in and select my account from the dropdown menu. Now there are two UO accounts (didn't even know that was possible). One was my old account - still inactive and not upgraded. And then there was another account with the exact name plus uo added at the end of the name - this one was active and upgraded...but it was a completely new account! *facepalm*

[thinking about it now I think I know what she did wrong. She wanted to activate my account, which has _uo added at the end of the account name. Instead of doing that she added uo to the end of the name thus created a new account: nameofmyaccountuo]

I tell her that this was not what I wanted and that I need my old account active and upgraded, not some new account. She tells me to hold on and gets two colleagues to help her...well after about 30 minutes she refers me to [email protected] and tells me she is sorry but she couldn't reverse what she had done and that they will be able to help me.

Of course I immediately sent an email to uo support... no answer yet...hopefully somebody will be able to help me...I have a bad feeling though...

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Sorry to hear this.
    The 30 days game time code do not work at the moment, see http://uo.com/
    There are 2 staygian abyss codes, one for a new account and one for upgrade of an old account and one for create a new account + 30 days game time code.
    I'm not sure the last one also can be used as upgrade of an old account.

3. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

That my be true...however it says nothing like that in the product description when you buy it...
    still no news from uo support...

4. Pignasty

Pignasty Journeyman
    Barter Town

I just had a weeklong ordeal with ea support. They're completely awful. I'm gonna have to find some other way to buy codes. I don't know if there is another way, but I've lost any trust I ever had in EA/Origin store. I hope you get this worked out!

5. Ultimaholic

Ultimaholic Adventurer

6. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

Haha! I like!
    Well still no answer from uo support... tomorrow I'll send another email...maybe even 5 or so...

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

She is amazing :)

9. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I often suspect that Mesanna is the only one really working & in the know over there.

10. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

good news! Yesterday Mesanna fixed this and I now Max Blackoak can even go to Ter Mur.
    Still no word from the official support adress haha

Kat and Riyana like this.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!