1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA / Jeremy: Why are some animals more equal than others?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zofinur, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zofinur

Zofinur Guest

@EA & Jeremy: Why are some players more equal than others? Why do EA representative tell me "we cannot discuss what items were in your possession at the time of your account termination" but others ppl were allowed to discuss their ban?

(For those who dont now the cite: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" is from the Animal Farm by George Orwell)

So, finally i talked to somebody who was unbanned.
    I was asked, and of course i promised to keep the details private.

But it´s confirmed now, that some ppl were able to discuss their ban with an EA representative. And even managed to get unbanned!

Means: An EA representative did tell them which items were claimed to be illegal. And by naming the source (vendor/seller) it was possible to get an account unbanned.

Oh and no need to flame: Please set me on ignore, and u will never see one of my posts again!

This is not to discuss my ban in the public!
    This is not to get my account unbanned!
    This is to demonstrate how customers are handled on a case to case base....

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I would rather you were banned, for yet again bringing this up. But I"m not a mod here, although I did stay at Holiday Inn Express!!

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Perhaps it had to do with the number of items they had. Those seen as a higher risk may have been given the cold shoulder for fear of letting actual dupers/duper friends know what the ban criteria was. Which would of course only help those who dupe. But that doesn't help you or Lucy, sadly.

Wenchy

4. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Animal Farm should have answered your question for you :lick:

Nothing in life is equal or fair. Never is and never has been and never will.

It is also easier and cheaper in regards to customer service to just have one policy and say that is what they stick with, even if it's not.

5. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Or Perhaps it was the manner you went about it? Hostile customers generally get the short end of the stick.

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This.

7. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

If you told the Indian customer service guy how to dupe, he would unban yer acct. This is only a rumor.

8. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

incredibly inept comes to mind over the feedback for those unjustly banned.

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. Incredibly inept for not banning every account owned by the banned players.

10. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

QFT!!!

If one account was worth banning then ban all the accounts belonging to that player not just ONE.

11. Yalp

Yalp Guest

aye.. horribly managed customer service in the game has really created this poisonous atmosphere.... wonder how long before we all succumb?

12. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Meaning...that if you had people to rat out you could be given a lighter sentence? LOL, rediculous.:hahaha:

13. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

I agree. At the very least this post and future ones of the same nature should quickly be locked and shoved in the rants section.

14. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

and I think trolls like you too should get banned for trolling....

Zof I'm not surprised if thats true ... Guesse I should get back on the phone again ......

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This is a UO fan site, not an official Mythic or EA forum. We are grateful for the Mythic folks for visiting here and sharing info, visiting or what not.

This however is not the forum to take up such grievances. Being banned from the game is between the player and Mythic/EA. Nothing can be accomplished by fighting that battle here. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.