1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA-Land offline for update 4/4/08

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by imported_LFancey, Apr 4, 2008.

1. EA-Land Offline

No follow up from me in this thread... Status will be in EA Messages

Lee

2. GrandpaRob

GrandpaRob Guest

Hopefully this will include a fix for the not being able to work issue, too. Although his actual post just says its a partial lag fix and screen resolution fix.

3. yay so we can readd the -r800x600

4. No one has confirmed that inability to get to work at jobsites is even a bug.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

The lag is horrendous right now.. So I'm looking forward to this down time to fix it.

6. poppet

poppet Guest

TTL

This whole thing is a nightmare, someone fix it please or pull the plug so it can die a merciful death

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I am lagging. Luckily I am eating lunch at 1230 so this is perfect for me

THANKS LEE + EVERYONE

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

This whole thing is a nightmare, someone fix it please or pull the plug so it can die a merciful death

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of BETA don't people get? The Devs are working their backsides off to get this game going and we all know that there will be issues that have to be addressed to get it out of BETA. So instead of making comments like pull the plug ...let's give the Devs a big thumbs up for the hard work they are continually doing to improve the game as a whole.

We also know that during the BETA stage of any game there will be issues that pop up and have to be addressed. Seems no one is giving them a chance to fix before they start spouting off of quitting and/or pulling the plug.

I am a returning player from back when and trust me there are alot of different things in this game that wasn't there before. I may not like the lag, the bugs, the exploits etc etc. but it sure as heck isn't going to make me stop playing. I for one can't wait to see how the game is once out of BETA. Communication is more now than ever and I see the Devs trying daily to fix things that are popping up.

There is a saying about Patience being a Virtue...I feel that the ones that complain need to start feeling a little more virtuous and give the Devs credit for the hard work they do and continue to do to make EA-Land a place where we love to go. All the whining and griping is getting really old now.

9. will it be safe to add the -r800x600 back again?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I concur with whisperingruby [​IMG] I'm not gonna stop playing the game, it's still fun....I might be frustrated with it constantly for the most part, but yeah....

11. poppet

poppet Guest

TTL

Wonders how anyone could possibly know how hard the devs are working unless they are sitting in the same office with them

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

will it be safe to add the -r800x600 back again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess we won't know until the game comes back online [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

patience is a virtue but paying for beta is not realistic.
    let the game be free until it's out of beta
    we're paying but not playing.

14. A.Simtastic

A.Simtastic Guest

No u evil evil evil Bear.. they are gonna make sure u aren't allowed to play so u can't shoot us with ur cannon anymore [​IMG] [​IMG]

Insanely Deranged now known as ID Simtastic

15. DGLita

DGLita Guest

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

If its that bad for you the solution is pretty simple really

16. luvibunni

luvibunni Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I concur with whisperingruby [​IMG] I'm not gonna stop playing the game, it's still fun....I might be frustrated with it constantly for the most part, but yeah....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed =D

I'm having a blast! And I'm actually looking forward to this next update! [​IMG]

BabiDoll~

17. <blockquote><hr>

No one has confirmed that inability to get to work at jobsites is even a bug.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What are you implying Gracie? Do you believe they intend to take away our jobs?

18. poppet

poppet Guest

Since i have paid for a month of play I intend to get as much value as i can from my hard earned money even if its laggy buggy and broken

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Go take some happy pills or something dude lol the devs will get it right eventually. Like whisperingruby pointed out, EA is still in BETA.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

patience is a virtue but paying for beta is not realistic.
    let the game be free until it's out of beta
    we're paying but not playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so lets all go free accounts and then really watch the game go down the tubes. I for one will continue to pay and play. I have 4 accounts and I support the DEVS 200%. If you can log in and go to a skill house or a money house and chat with people...you indeed are playing.

21. poppet

poppet Guest

I understand its beta but i have never played a beta that was this bad before, and those betas were free

22. Guest

Guest Guest

I love the game and am willing to wait until they have all the bugs fixed so it will be worth the $9.99 a month I think anyway.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I understand its beta but i have never played a beta that was this bad before, and those betas were free

[/ QUOTE ]

Then my suggestion to you and any others...go free, go to TC3 and let us that are willing to pay &amp; play do so without all the negativity that is constantly posted on the forum.

We understand BETA and are willing to pay while we play and watch the game unfold into something totally awesome.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

No u evil evil evil Bear.. they are gonna make sure u aren't allowed to play so u can't shoot us with ur cannon anymore [​IMG] [​IMG]

Insanely Deranged now known as ID Simtastic

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to second the *evil Bit* but have to add - Or tickle us when he knows we are about to pee pee ---- hes such a badddddddddd beaaaaaaar

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not quite sure how you're not playing. I've been able to play approximately 22 hours a day with the exception of 1 day. AND that one day totaled about $.33 of my monthly bill. It may not be perfect, but that's ok - neither am I.

Debbie Simth

26. Guest

Guest Guest

everyone can play for free, we just have to go to tc3
    so apparently us NOT paying would NOT be an issue for EA
    and yes, I'm going to tc3 and not pay.
    I don't see any reason to pay for a beta game, especially when I was already in the beta version of this game over 5 years ago.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

everyone can play for free, we just have to go to tc3
    so apparently us NOT paying would NOT be an issue for EA
    and yes, I'm going to tc3 and not pay.
    I don't see any reason to pay for a beta game, especially when I was already in the beta version of this game over 5 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you were in the BETA version of TSO...this is NOT TSO this is EA-Land and things are different now then they were 5 years ago...but good luck in your venture in TC3...hopefully one day you will return to EA-Land and see what an awesome place it turned out to be.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

well I'm not counting the time online when I hit enter to speak in chat and it takes 2 minutes for my text to appear.. or when I click on a plate to eat and suddenly I've eaten, zoomed to the bathroom (while I look at a frozen screen)
    So you're counting that time spent as playing... I don't.

29. Anarela

Anarela Guest

Could we please stop whining about the beta and the non-free beta at this?

Many have said it before me... you don't NEED to stay in the game.

Go be a free account...

I know I am happy playing whenever I can, however I can, and I'm happy to pay so the game continues growing and improving until it gets out of beta.

Sim once, Sim always... die hard

30. They give u the option to play for free !!!

31. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Could we please stop whining about the beta and the non-free beta at this?

Many have said it before me... you don't NEED to stay in the game.

Go be a free account...

I know I am happy playing whenever I can, however I can, and I'm happy to pay so the game continues growing and improving until it gets out of beta.

Sim once, Sim always... die hard

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!! [​IMG]

32. poppet

poppet Guest

TTL

Sure ill wait for the improvements, loved the improvement they did yesterday

33. Tho the game is a bit laggy ..It is a work in progress.I would much rather deal with some lag then not and no changes in the game [​IMG] To me the lag is always a sighn something is happening [​IMG]

Things to do while laggin [​IMG]

1. Skill..*who cares if you lag while doing it *
    2. Run thru the sprinklers ..Wont accomplish much ..But it will make you feel better [​IMG]
    3. Kick a flamingo , very helpfull when you have had way to much and can no longer take anymore .
    4. Hug a freind [​IMG]

34. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Tho the game is a bit laggy ..It is a work in progress.I would much rather deal with some lag then not and no changes in the game [​IMG] To me the lag is always a sighn something is happening [​IMG]

2. Run thru the sprinklers ..Wont accomplish much ..But it will make you feel better [​IMG]
    3. Kick a flamingo , very helpfull when you have had way to much and can no longer take anymore .
    4. Hug a freind [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great suggestions....I personally love the kick the flamingo...did that long ago when something would make me mad...Great stress reliever...although the poor flamingo didn't think so. [​IMG]

35. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Tho the game is a bit laggy ..It is a work in progress.I would much rather deal with some lag then not and no changes in the game [​IMG] To me the lag is always a sighn something is happening [​IMG]

4. Hug a freind [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like #4 Hug a friend near ya. I think we all should do a group hug on stratics and just be happy. [​IMG]

36. Guest

Guest Guest

I like #4 Hug a friend near ya. I think we all should do a group hug on stratics and just be happy. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

(((((((Group Hugsss to all Supporters of the Devs &amp; BETA!!!!)))))))

37. *huddles for the group hug*

38. Bamm Bamm

Bamm Bamm Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Since i have paid for a month of play I intend to get as much value as i can from my hard earned money even if its laggy buggy and broken

[/ QUOTE ]

its 10 bucks that's barley 3 gallons of gas...what are you homeless??

39. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

*huddles for the group hug*

[/ QUOTE ]

(((((((((((((((hugs everyone)))))))))))))))))))

40. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see isn't this much better than sitting here complaining and whining about things?

41. so2yosim

so2yosim Guest

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS EV1))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

42. JRock

JRock Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see isn't this much better than sitting here complaining and whining about things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joins the group hug. "I love you guys."

43. Guest

Guest Guest

Sending ::hugs:: with ya, please lets not break out in the Barney song...i love you, you love me......lol

44. Guest

Guest Guest

Starting to feel the love in the forums!!! [​IMG]

45. Guest

Guest Guest

Alright I just ate lunch ... i'm ready for it to be back up [​IMG]

46. JustinKase

JustinKase Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No one has confirmed that inability to get to work at jobsites is even a bug.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What are you implying Gracie? Do you believe they intend to take away our jobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres what I think, I dont think they are "trying" to take our jobs away, HOWEVER, I do think there is a bug they they have no fix for and they dont want to confirm this bug in forums knowing they have no way to fix it, so they rather just ignore the issue completley than hear all the complaining.

Why are we paying for a paid accnt when we are restricted as if we were free players. If this keeps up idk how many paying players will continue to pay [​IMG]

47. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Alright I just ate lunch ... i'm ready for it to be back up [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your lunch, or the game? With the reference to the Barney song, either is a definite possibility of a firm maybe [​IMG] LMAO.

48. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm open to either option, but pref the game. I had m&amp;ms for breakfast so you never know.