1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA Store - High Seas and Stygian Abyss half off right now!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by georox, Jan 20, 2011.

1. georox

georox Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Felt I'd make a post. The EA store has Stygian Abyss (new account and upgrade) and the High Seas booster for 50% off right now. Finally upgraded to High Seas, came to $8 with tax for me.

EA Store (US) Online Store

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Can you provide a link? I just went there to get a link to send a friend and it still shows $14.95 for me. :(

3. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. the only thing i could find is this post on another forum. the fine print reads:

"Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid only for new purchases from the EA STORE at EA Store: Buy PC Games, Video Games for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and more. purchased between 12:01am PST to 4:00pm PST on 1/20/11, and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons between. Product discount is valid only in U.S. and CANADA; free shipping is good for STANDARD shipping service to the U.S. only. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law."

so, i guess it comes when you check out? can anyone confirm?

5. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Mass Message!!!! EA Sale!!!! TODAY ONLY UNTIL 4PM PST
    (Appears to be US only)

Winter Sale!
    Ultima Online High Seas Booster only
    $7.47
    Stygian Abyss (Account Upgrade) only
    $7.47

EA Store (US) Online Store

Click the Shop Now Button in the Blue Winter Sale 50% off box. Once the new page loads type Ultima in the search box on the top right of the page.

*Thank you Geo for the link*

6. Lord Gareth

7. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

could someone buy 3 codes for me ;) for gold on drachenfels ? 7,47 $ is around 5,6 €

;)

8. Lord Gareth

I am so glade I didn't buy the Booster codes last night for the Rares Fest give away.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

[​IMG]
    Had to, Gareth. lol

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

(Appears to be US only)

They still don't seem to have understood ......

12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Make sure you click Gareth's link first, my direct links didn't do job until after you click Gareth's so must be a cookie thing or something :)

13. Lord Gareth

For some reason I could only buy 1 code at a time. If your buying multiples be careful! I was just re-doing the click steps over and over and I wasn't keeping count *ROFL*

14. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

EA's systems detect your region from your IP, and then direct you to what they decide is the relevant store, and won't let you use any other unless you bypass their IP detection ....

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Oh okay that sucks :( sorry...

16. Lord Gareth

Or you find someone living in the US who wants something from the UOGameCode store and you swap :)

17. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Not your fault! ;) Just EA being mindless - their systems prevent an existing customer who pays them money accessing some of their offers about the product, but their senior guy tells shareholders 'our future as a company heavily depends on microtransactions and online sales'. If he's telling the truth, the company is in very deep brown stuff....

Maybe there will be a similar offer on the UK and other national stores, it's been known to happen in the past. Still stupid they can't seem to co-ordinate their OWN web presence worth a damn, though.

18. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

UOGamecodes ... oh boy, don't get me started on them... ;)

19. Lord Gareth

I live in the UOgamecode store

Now if you will excuse me, I have to explain what I am doing to the CC company on the phone. LoL

20. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Wish they'd include the Vietnam expansion for Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360 in one of these sales :grrr:

But that's for them to hear about, not you guys ;)

21. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Iam not living in the US but iam interested too in these codes maybe anyone in the US can help me out?

If you can please pm me.

22. Sargon

Sargon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. I had been holding out on purchasing the High Seas booster for my 2 accounts, but couldn't pass this deal up.

23. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Well, I bought it, then when I tried to upgrade I got a page reload message. Gues the server's too busy?

24. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It was doing the same thing for me using Firefox as my browser, but when I tried IE, it worked the first time.

25. Lord Gareth

I was using Firefox but then switched to Netscape and it worked for me.

26. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Apparently the server was just too busy for a while. I use Firefox, and after trying many times, it finally let me upgrade with no problem.

27. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Somebody purchased yesterday the High Seas booster pack from somewhere in South America from a Spanish language version of the EAStore for 1.95 Euro per code.
    Strange prices ...

28. georox

georox Sage

Sorry on not having the link in the OP, was ICQ'ing Gareth the information as I was running out the door late for my classes in the morning. College sucks, especially early classes. I'll edit the OP in a second.

29. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

well I guess I bought them 1 week too soon lol

30. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Guess I am about 2 mins too late :-(

31. Lady Mal

Lady Mal Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Pacific time, Bman. Not too late.

I guess my questions/complaints are:

Where did they advertise this so that we all could see it ( It's not on UO.com, not in their game code shop) I don't know anyone who regularly browses the EA shop to catch this out of nowhere limited time sale.

Why isn't it in the gamecode shop, anyway? I thought EA owned it.

It feels like they didn't want people to know about it. :( If I had known there would be a sale- I'd have saved cash for it, and they'd have made an additional profit.

32. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

Awesome!

Thanks for the Info....Now all my accounts are upgraded:)

33. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What's funny is EA sent me an email today offering 20% off games until 4:00PM PST. I clicked the link to see what the price would be...$11 for High Seas. I click georox's link and it's $7.47.

34. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

thank you for posting this! i had been putting off buying the booster for my accounts but this is too good to pass up. even for the house and bank storage increase alone. forgot about that little bonus. thanks!

35. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well I ordered it and I didnt get a discount so what is that all about?!? I got charged 14.95 right to the end! *big frown*

36. Lord Gareth

The Sale was for many different games, categories and some gametime codes were discounted. Could have been a quick clearance decision or something. At least Geo found it and people were also alerted on UOGuide.

37. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

You had to use the link to the 50% off page. After clicking on that blue button, everything available was 50% off.

38. Ezekiel Zane

I've been trying Firefox and IE for hours now and so far have been unable to get past either the "upgrade account" link or the following page where you actually submit the code.

39. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I would've bought one if I didn't miss the short time frame :thumbdown:

40. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Well, I was "lucky" enough to actually be on Stratics this afternoon and noticed the 50% off sale - and bought the High Seas expansion for all 4 of my accounts. Now I've been trying for about 3 hrs (on and off) to actually use the upgrade code on my accounts - to no avail. I can now get to where it asks for the code, but then I get the IE cannot display the freekin webpage error.

Are EA's servers REALLY that small and incompetent?

41. Damn I just got home and found this.. Great deal but I also missed it.

42. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*SIGH*

They got my money and I can not even get the acct. to upgrade TO High Seas booster. I have delayed trying to upgrade cuz all I ever seem to get whenever I TRY to do so is a nighmare. So one more time after ages of chickening out I *bought* the High Seas booster ...got a code even. . but nothing is working.

I am about in tears. :(

I don't know what do to now. Should I call my cc. company and cancel that purchase ? I began when it was still on sale but by time it finished I was charged the full price. I tried typing it in the place in paper doll where it takes codes...didnt work, tried typing and also pasting the code given me in my email on the acct. page for upgrading...ZERO NOTHING...$14.95 charged and no product upgrade for my acct. using the code given to me by them.

No matter I still can not USE the code I was given...nothing is working to make it work for my acct. either.

:( And this is why I NEVER upgrade...always ends up a nightmare and does not work for me even when given a code.

43. Ezekiel Zane

Well I switched to Chrome and was able to upgrade 4 accounts to High Seas and upgraded one account to Stygian Abyss.

Then I tried FF and IE again just to see and they were both still not working.

44. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well this night for me began at 5:15 pm central it is now 8:07pm all I have earned is a migrane headache, tears and I am out of my money, full price even not the discount. :( All I wanted to do was let my one fisherman become High Seas Upgrade and it isn't happening.

I don't know what to do now. I pay on 4 active accts. since like 98, right now I just feel like if I can not upgrade what is the point of continuing to pay to play on any of my accts. of UO.

ATM too upset to deal with this nightmare tonite any longer, and my loss of money and a sent to me by them HS booster code that is not working for me at all.

45. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

I got lucky and got asked to do a survey for the EA store site.

:)

When asked what one thing I would do to make the site better I replied:

Get someone new to run it.

I wouldn't have been able to even find the winter sale UO items had it not been for Gareth's instructions, which I also mentioned in question 20 of the survey:

I could not have found what I was looking for without a poster on uo stratics posting that info.

I managed to buy one SA upgrade and one High Seas, but wanted 2 High Seas.

:(

There didn't seem to be a way to add a quantity, just a little trash can icon to remove an item from my shopping cart.

I got no email, but did notice an unlock code and order number on the final purchase page and screen shotted that into paint, but when I try to enter the code into the upgrade section of my account I get different responses.

Never got past the first page of the two agreements we have to accept, and now google chrome tells me the page is inaccessible.

:<

46. startle

I would say: "Be patient" - and I know that's sometimes hard. You WILL get your upgrades, that's for certain - it's just a question of WHEN. From what I've observed today, it's simply a matter of EA's "upgrade" servers being "overloaded" by the probably meager increase of traffic due to the 1day 50% off sale. So just keep trying this evening (Pac time mine) for the traffic to lessen, and I'm sure you'll get your upgrades in place.

It's just frustrating when they're all to eager to get our money for an expansion, with NO plans in place to increase the server load.

Hang in there.... :)

47. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I didnt see a blue button :eyes: I must have been in the wrong place I guess. But anyway I was able to get a refund for half the amount from customer service.

48. startle

Well, after spending literally HOURS attempting to use my new High Seas expansion codes to upgrade my account - I finally succeeded. How?
    I installed Google Chrome (and I am NOT a fan of Chrome) and my codes were accepted immediatly. Not sure what it is about IE8 that wouldn't let the process complete (and don't care) - I finally upgraded all 4 of my accounts....

49. KingTatwin

KingTatwin Guest

Well I decided that I was going to upgrade one of my two accounts with the high seas expansion this month. So I decided to cancel one of my accounts for a month to pay for the expansion for the other. Well, this half off deal begins and ends without my knowledge and before i got around to paying for the expansion.
    I'm not mad that I missed it but am confused why Ea wouldnt put the heads up on its official uo site. Now I got an account thats off that I may not reactivate and no high seas upgrade. Ea would have gotten in one day two high seas upgrades, one stygian upgrade and my account back on from me.
    After hearing how folks had such a hard time with being able to apply what they bought maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all. I'm just going to wait now. Fishing isnt my thing anyway I just wanted to try something new. :thumbdown:

50. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Yeah it's funny one of my E-Mails got a 20% off E-Mail too, but my primary got a 50% off offer.