1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

EA to Play in Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kennykilleduo, Jul 17, 2008.

1. http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-tech-observer/2008/07/17/ea-to-play-in-knights-of-the-old-republic

2. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

No you silly, he really means Stygin Abyss.............:danceb:
  3. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Yeah this was being pushed-around when EA acquired them. Then again when we lost our, then, most senior UO dev. (Stormwind) around the time of the relocation. I don't think it was considered a very closely guarded secret to those involved; although they did seem to act as if it was..

What intrigues me is that they seem to be keeping their name, location, and local staff. Good timing I guess.
  4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 19, 2002
    I love EA's MMO strategy these days... "We can't do it right ourselves, let's buy out companies with the best IPs that we can, and pray we can get a hit that way."

It's a shame that EA's MMO credibility has been spent. Giving Mythic their name back was probably the smartest thing that EA could have done... But bleh. I know I won't give EA a dime for another MMO. I just don't trust 'em anymore. Bad enough I still play UO. They're not getting money of mine for other MMOs. Ever.
  5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mar 3, 2006
    Well, I'm not too keen on ever buying anything from EA again either. My major beef though is the way they have let cheaters and cheating take over UO, not with content or game play decisions.