1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EA Wants Your Feedback on Origin

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Woodsman, May 3, 2012.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Continuing The Origin Conversation - EA News

As UO players, we are users of Origin - to buy gametime, codes, tokens, expansions, boosters, theme packs, and plus the account management system goes through Origin on the backside of things.

Eventually we will probably be using Origin's client as the UO launcher to patch the client(s), give us updates about the latest Katy Perry Sims expansion, etc. It would have happened with Star Wars as their first MMORPG, but it was not possible at the time.

Anyways, take the chance to let them know what you think can be improved - missing UO items that should be in there, etc.

I would urge all UO players who want more listed in the Origin store to make their voices heard. There are a small number of UO players who post on the official forums, but this is a chance for everybody to see it.

Nimuaq likes this.
  2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

One would hope the answer to question 2) will be a very loud 'Allow us to buy more than one code at a time!'

3. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Go in there and post that. Or participate in the live Q&A next week with the head of Origin.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

I did, Hopefully others will too and it'll be added. ;)

5. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We still have no UO:HS upgrade at EMEA

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If we reach the point where we have to launch UO from Origin's client, I am concerned we will lose the ability to have multiple UO clients open simultaneously on one PC. I play on a lot of shards where I don't own a house and being able to have multiple UO clients open on the same machine means I can just directly hand items between characters on different accounts. The alternatives are to try to find a trustworthy person to hold the items for me; mess with boats and use the hold to transfer items; just hide the items somewhere with one character and then quickly log on with another character and hopefully successfully retrieve the item; or finagle the use of my husband's laptop just to play UO. It's so much easier to just fire up another client, log in with a different account, and hand the item over and be done with it.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Trust me they don't care what I have to say ..... it's not nice and they are terrible.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd like to know who [email protected] is. Is this Origin's Billing support for an EA game (UO). I have yet to try them for my current account problem, but I will. Just like to know who caused all this mess, EA, or Origin, while I'm having it corrected. So far, my support has been fast, and very positive with the EA Rep here at Stratics (really an Origin rep?), but more to come...

EDIT: "Unlink" doesn't work on email addresses?

9. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I would rather just go to Redwood City and sit down for lunch with someone and have a nice face to face conversations in regards to what would really help.

If Origin is up for that I would be happy to take the time to Represent my fellow players in regards to their itemized evaluation.

Note...... An Itemized evaluation is not a "***** List" If you have a complaint it should be backed up with a viable solution or option. A positive comment with an option to improve scores major points.

IanJames, yars, Mirt and 1 other person like this.
  10. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

The billing itself is handled through Origin.com - that is how EA collects its money now. They may slap a different web interface on it (Accounts.EAMythic.com account.swtor.com/loginwhatever ) but the money goes through Origin.

Support is weird - BioWare has their own support staff for Star Wars, it's a few hundred people at BioWare Ireland. Mythic did/does have its own support thanks to Warhammer, but now I don't know.

The way things are, if you call a certain phone number or email a certain address, it could be going to a general pool of support personnel, and they respond based on who it's coming from. This is where people get the whole "thanks for playing Warhammer" meme about UO and customer service.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I seriously hope UO will never use the Origin client. UO and Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes don't right now, and I hope none of the Bioware-Mythic products will have to use the Origin client. It's so not an answer to Steam.

12. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Kids and dogs never listen to me... why should anyone from Origin? ;)

13. Dropixel

Dropixel EA Community Rep
    VIP

[email protected] is the billing support here at BioWare Mythic. They're very good and extremely dedicated to helping all of you in anyway they can. :thumbup:

Sevin0oo0 and Lord Nabin like this.
  14. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

15. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I agree with this completely. Very rarely do I ever have a problem with support. Yes Migration was a bit choppy but they worked on things for me till they got it all right and set.

Thanks Support!! I always appreciate the effort :)

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!