1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Earthen Mixtures of Alchemy

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Hunters Moon, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Where do I find the #!@*& elf that gives the quest so I may get the recipies? I loooked all over the elves lil treehouse city but didn't find the one that give the alchemy quest.

2. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

wonderful question. i searched all around trying to find the answer to no luck. i have no idea at all. i had to finally just buy them off a vendor :mad:

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The trinket weavers give alchemy/glassblowing, tinker, and inscription recipes (as well as 1 smith recipe) for tinker-type quests, plus have quests that give the carpentry & tailor recipes as well (the stools and the bustiers, respectively).

4. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Alright trinket weavers...but I don't get it. I have to use my tinker to get alchemy/inscription recipies? That makes as much sense as handing in fancy shirts to get blacksmithing recipies.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They essentially made those guys the catch-all recipe givers for the ones that there were no quests for. I think the the "tenders" behind the tinkers also give these recipes, from some of their quests. At least, in a round-about way, keg taps are related to alchemy....

6. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can buy or save up empty potion bottles and take just that quest, also.

7. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

I have tried that and the *best* have gotten from the 50 bottle hand-in is a
    assassins spike with 5% HCI 10% DI :sad4:

8. Hunter Moon

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have a beetle and can make it through alive... you can do the quest with bottles at the end of Sanctuary and it takes less then half the bottles per quest of what it requires in Heartwood. Dallid the Cook requests 20 bottles instead of the 50 in Heartwood. Just be prepared for the spawn and having to walk a fat beetle down into it...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

9. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm on Europa and have a fair few of the receipes (you'd be surprised what people drop at banks, and I'm a bit of a scavenger :) ) PM me to arrange a meet up and I'll happily donate :)