1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Easy Titan kill for wimpy gardeners!

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Tuferon, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I really wanted some flax and the other titan seeds so I raided my hubby's runes ( he is playing WOW till SA) for his weakling's titan kill strategy. I tried it yesterday and it's GREAT for all us unwarrior gardeners!!!!!

Get to the despise titan area (public rune libraries have the place) and run to where the talking globe is on the stairs. Teleport with a rune marking char to the corner by the wall area ( you cant walk there, it is up a step) and mark a rune. ( I make it the runebook default also while fighting there with a non-magery char using chiv for example)

The titans cannot hurt you there but you can kill them from there! Then jump off and gather your loot.

Alternate method he used:

Go to same area and place a bandage there. Use the bandage while fighting to tele there.

I found this really workable and the spawn is lower than the swamps and doesn't have all those other beasties comin' after your a$$

Hope this helps a few of you all.

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Just out of curiousity, is it considered an "exploit" to be killing MOBs from a position where they can't touch you? Most MMOs have a rule like that someplace but I don't know for sure if UO has that as one of its rules.

3. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Nope Just clever. Suppose you found a hill to shoot from in the wilderness? SAme thing

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

UO does have a rule about this, it's illegal to trap a mob or attack them from a position where they can't attack you (IE placing a boat and attacking from there). This doesn't apply to magic casting monsters though (I'm pretty sure) so titans should be safe to farm this way. May want to page a GM to make absolutely certain though.

5. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the input. I would never have thought of this issue in a million years! To me it is like teleporting to one of the many hills south of trinsic for instance to do the same thing. Sorry if this method is a problem, I never suspected.

Odd turn this thread has taken huh?