1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Easy way to see how crappy throwing is....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NBG, Jul 29, 2010.

1. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How to:

Test throwing and a melee skill on a golem that is not pre patched so you damage it for 1 per hit. Use the same armor set for both characters.

Make sure you can swing at max swing for both 100% poison weapons.

Now just see how fast your melee char can red line a golem then try to do the same thing on your throwing char.

The result:

It is really hard to kill a golem with a throwing char.

To do:

I would like to get a Dev to do this test and mayyyyybe try to find out why?

2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The answer is pretty obvious if you are comparing a Soul Glave to a Dagger.

3. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I compared 2 sec swing weapons at 120 skill same dex/stam.

I used 100% poison dagger and 100% boomerang

and please read the post? I did mention that make sure max swing is possible for the weapons so its unlikely that I would compare soul Glave with a dagger....

4. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You have to wait for throwing weapons to return. You do not have to wait for Melee weapons to "return" nor do you wait for arrows to "return".

If it was all coded correctly, I would expect you would kill the Golem with the Melee char and the thrower would have his half dead.

You only stated Max weapon speed, not what weapons you were using, originally.

5. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Put your golem 3 tiles away from you.
    Now just see how your melee char can hit a golem.

6. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Also, what is the Ask here? I can assume a few things, but they may not be correct. Do you want throwing to do as much damage as the melee weapon @ 1hp per shot? Is throwing missing too much? Is it taking too long to swing? Crappy means different stuff to different folks.

7. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I want the swing speed issue addressed.

I did not want to point it out and I wanted people to test it for themselves but here it is.

At 120 skill using same armor and stats, what you will see is that you can not kill a freaking golem if you are using throwing while a Melee/Archer can EASILY bring down a golem in no time. I have accidentally killed golem when training archery and I was not even at max swing (used a bow) like the throwing char (boomerang) I tested.

The reason I decided to use golem as a test is because you only do 1 damage per hit. Even when you are at 1.25 swing with a throwing weapon, a throwing char can not hit fast enough to overcome the natural regen of the golem.

If anyone have trained on a golem on any melee/archery char, they definitely know what I am talking about (if you don't heal golem it will die).

I even did a test since I needed to train new chars and I did not have to heal the golem at all when I was training throwing to 120.....

I even made sure that the char training throwing was at the so called sweet spot.

8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

this is a bug and will probably be fixed next publish.

You will no longer be able to use throwing weapons against golems. Thank you, that is all.
    rolleyes:

9. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

HHmm, well if I recalll right, you are 100% correct about the training to 120 Throwing (not killing a golem), it had been a while for me. But that is Great!! no need to heal the golem.

I love my Throwing char, I use him a ton. I had to adjust my template and tactics, but I can do things no Melee char can, Including a Sampire.

Just because throwing does not hit as fast as a Melee weapon does not mean you cannot out damage Melee chars in a fight, I do it all the time.

It is generally agreed that thowing cannot get to 1.25 swing speed, it is more like double that (to return the weapon). I do not know if the Devs intended it that way or not, I have not read a dev response anywhere. If they said it was working as intended, It would not surprise me.

If you would like, PM me and I will share what worked for me, and give some suggestions.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

To start off, I would like to highlight that it's a 1 handed RANGED weapon that has infinite ammo AND can be used effectively in melee.

So balancing it against other weapons is a bit difficult.

That being said, I was excited with it at first, but after playing with it for a while, I have decided atm not to use it due to the effort required to remain in the sweet spots. I know it still does damage outside the sweet spots, but I just can't help it, I have the urge to max out my potential damage. It is almost like having to lead tame all the mobs you are fighting. For taming it's fine, because you don't tame all the time. But for a warrior, it gets pretty troublesome.

I think the devs might have decided to err on the side of caution and placed a bit too much restrictions.