1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

[General] Eater Property Question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Prime., Nov 25, 2014.

  1. Prime.

    Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    74
    Hello,

    Looking for clarification on the Eater property,

    I'm under the understanding that Damage Eater is capped at 18% but I can also have Fire Eater at 12% for a combined 30% which is the capor I can have 30% cap of any type (aside from damage of course).

    My question is the following as I've been told both

    Is Eater capped at 30% total no matter which combined type(s) they are , or can I also have a Kinect / Cold / Poison / Energy / Fire piece at 12% and Damage Eater of 18% to meet the 30% cap for each type?

    Thanks for the help :)
     
  2. Tuan

    Tuan Slightly Crazed

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1,368
    Likes Received:
    275
    I as I understand it, only 1 type of eater is invoked on any 1 hit...

    So if you have 18 "Damage Eater" and you have 15 Fire eater, the Fire never comes into play. They don't stack up to 30. What I've seen written would indicate that the specific eater is checked first, so you might only eat 12% of an explosion... but 18% of an ebolt.

    I've never seen anything written that even remotely suggests that eater's stack...

    I also have no idea what the effect would be if you have multiple eaters, and get hit by combo damage... like if you have 30% of each eater, and someone with a valorite enhanced weapon hits you, I've got no clue what might happen. Do all 5 eaters fire, or just the one for the damage type that is first in the internal algorithm, or the one with the highest damage %age from the weapon itself?

    Sounds like some test centering is in order, as, like I said, I've never seen anything written about the topic.
     
    Prime. likes this.
  3. Prime.

    Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    74
    Thanks for the answer, yeah.. Everytime I ask off of Stratics in game chat I get opposite answers each time zzz, and never seen anything official.


     
  4. cazador

    cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Messages:
    3,762
    Likes Received:
    1,522
    You can have every eater..as long as the elemental is higher than the damage..I usually go with 15-18% damage eater 30%fire/25-30% kinetic


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk