1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ec and crashing to desktop

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by mr crabs, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mr crabs

mr crabs Guest

I dont know if any devs still brouse these forums but the last few weeks sincse the last patch i have been getting randome crashes to desktop just like i clicked the exit button. A few outhers in my guild that run the ec are getting the same thhing it does not seem to be any one thing that crashes the client it just seems completly random. I have gotten it wile pvpg in yew at spwans at luna bank running around my house at narvy just seem to be randome. dunno if any of the devs still check here mabey they could look into it.

edit: i have always been moving when it happens never standing still it happens about 5 steps after i start moving every time weather it be walking or runnning

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Has been an issue for at least the past 6 months (I want to say for the past year) But I do notice that the frequency has increased the past few days or so....

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yep, although I think I may have noticed a common factor. Movement will start getting a bit choppy for me at times before the crash. I don't know what that means, whether it's some kind of leak or something else.

I have an ATI HD 2600XT. Would you two mind listing what kinds of video cards you have?

4. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It happens to me too about once a day, when running or moving and always when i'm beside somethjing that kills me like navery or a greater dragon....Navery several times when running to let the rocks fall.

5. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. After months with practically no crash at all, I have the occasional crash for the last few weeks.

I don't know if I was moving everytime, but definitely the last time. And more than five steps, I ran for al least 5 screens straight and suddenly - Desktop. I was chased an enemy factioner at the time, so I was pretty frantic to get the client back up. Luckily he didn't chase me as far as I thought.

running an ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Vapor-X 1024MB.

6. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Actually mine is a Sapphire Radeon HD as well. Maybe it's a Catalyst driver issue?

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I also get regular dumps to the desktop. Often it is while running, but I have also had them while sitting at the house motionless (while on the phone or something).

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS so it does not seem to be limited to a specific graphics card or manufacturer.

8. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Yes, I've noticed them most often when I am moving. And as I said, they are most often preceded by a certain degree of choppiness - nothing extreme.

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

When i take a gate or moongate and then start to run then it now and then happends.

10. mr crabs

mr crabs Guest

nividia gtx 260

mine has always been wile i am moving and iv not noticed any choppyness before it does it

11. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hehe exactly the same i want to post now, yesterday we played on Europa and everyone of us 4 got crashes in random situations, something migth be wrong since the maintance last week.

But no problem it crashes to the desktop because it doesnt show us the exception, it automatically sends it to EA and closes the client normally.

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

That might be because your hardware is more powerful than mine.

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

been a problem for me for quite a while. a little while after high seas. Usually happens to me in front of balrons....

14. I have been getting more dumps to the desktop lately, which considering that I don't have much time to play is saying a lot.

There is one place in Doom that almost always causes me to crash to desktop, and that is while running in the hallway past the room where the Inquisitor's Resolution and lampposts spawn. Of course, there is usually a critter or two waiting for me so that I always log back in seeing grey.

AMD Quad with 8 GB RAM, ATI 4850 Video, Windows 7 x64

15. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yes i have also had this today with the latest released patch it seems to be badder than before, i got it now not randomly, i can now say after an hour the client crashes to 90% the next minutes.

16. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just ctd hanging with one friend at wbb. Wasn't a lot happening.