1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC and multitasking

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by PowerFullPete, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Anyone else have problems when trying to switch to another program while using EC? Mine locks up for about 5 secs before it switches over. Running xp pro with nvidia card, tons of mem too.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Fullscreen or windowed? I run Windowed with mutiple monitors and don't have any problems.

3. Windowed, using Copper too..Sometimes if i switch users and log on another account then switch back it solves the problem. Makes using icq almost impossible from the time it takes to switch back and forth. This only happens with EC, no other games do this on my comp.

4. Fink

Fink Guest

No problems here, similar set-up. I've run 3 instances of the client without any problems, on top of other things like IMs and so forth.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'm hoping there won;t be any problems when I get my new video card in... if there are, there's going to be NO hope for the new client if THIS doesn't run it well. (Of course my current video card runs it pretty nicely as well, but it's already over 2 years old (7950 GT).

6. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you get tired of this video card let me know. I'll be willing to put up with it. :)

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why not go with the new Radeon cards that have DirectX11 as well?