1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] ec and ventrillo

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by longshanks, Sep 23, 2010.

1. longshanks

longshanks Guest

probably has been asked but how can i toggle to speak in vent if its in the backround of the ec?

i keep having to click the vent window than talk. :/

thanks.

2. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

I was having this problem last night but when I ran Vent as an admin it fixed it. This is in windows 7

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you have virus protection, disable User Account Control for any new windows OS. It makes life a lot less hellish. and most everything works. ive been playing final doom for days.

4. Be careful about any changes to UAC if you have Windows Vista. This can corrupt the user properties (I think that's what it's called). This happened to me and locked all my files and folders. There are posted fixes, but the only way I could get it to work again was to transfer the user account to a new one and delete the old user account. It was a mess.

Better thought - if you have Windows Vista, upgrade.

5. longshanks

longshanks Guest

this worked. right clicked the icon and went to properties, selected start as admin and viola.

thank you.

6. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

The problem between Vent and the EC appears to be the patcher.

If you skip it entirely and just run UOSA.exe from the install directory Vent works just fine without any tweaking.

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I had the same problem with teamspeak and it took me days to figure out, that both programs need to run as administrator. Then everythings is gumdrops and videogames :)

8. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just need to run ventrilo as admin :)