1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC - Can't connect to UO.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sibble, May 16, 2014.

1. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

This just happened recently. I can connect to UO via CC, just not EC.

2. Leira of Asrai

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I also could not connect to the Origin server. I was only trying to connect in EC. Did not try the CC.

3. Necronom

Necronom Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it works with the CC.. I was logged in with EC and then logged out.. Tried to get back in and couldn't... They really need to make it so that you can either logout to the character selection screen or to the login screen... Oh well..

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Can't connect either. Guess I'm done playing UO. I can't play in 2d. And I won't.

#4 MalagAste, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  5. CronusVl

CronusVl Journeyman
    Guardian's Of Valor

Europa. I have this problem too.

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Just checked to see if there was a patch... no patch and not able to connect either.

7. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Cmon sort it out quick... this things shouldnt happen, and less in a game we pay for...... Very Upset at this lack of attention

8. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

This is the problem with having 2 clients, make a new one, 3D and thats all, sorry but 2D is too much 90s, and too retro, we in the modern world.....

DJAd likes this.
  9. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Aye, this is quite upsetting. I do not play CC.

10. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Seems to have effected all shards. EC won't log in. Classic Client is now taking *forever* to patch (because I don't play CC).

11. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Don't worry about not being able to log in. They will announce some new PvM or RP thing that will possibly happen in 6-9 months and everything will be okay.

12. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Ditto shortly before midnight EST - EC won't connect - CC not an option

13. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

And it's always on the weekend too. Nobody in the office. Won't be back up until Monday morning.

14. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It happends 1 times in months...... Too bad there no other things to do on this 1 day......

Acid Rain and startle like this.
  15. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Sonoma same, can't log in to EC, CC fine

16. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Guess I won't be playing UO then this weekend.

sibble likes this.
  17. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Can honestly say that if it weren't for EC I would not be playing UO =(

I'm, so, sad, right, now...

18. solembow

solembow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

This is beyond frustrating. How is it that a game with such simple pixels/code can be this laggy and unstable? What are we paying for!?!?!?!

19. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I watched the moonrise... Does that count?

20. sibble

sibble Lore Master

I remember days like this back in 1997 when servers dropped for hours... here we are, 2014... not happy!

21. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

It's that large, orb that appears to slowly move relative to the horizon... It's kinda kewl, actually...
    Just sayin.

22. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

This just shows the lack of interest in DEVS and Admin, to keep their players happy... Trust me and many will prob say I am wrong... I never ever saw this happen in WoW, ESO or any other game.... and they still wanna keep the numbers high..... one of 2 options, or cut in Half or 3 quarters the monthly payments, so when servers probs or these things happen, it dosnt cost us, as we never get paid back in any F'ing Way, they just find new ways to charge us or have someone 24/7 Looking after the game and servers and we all pay the top dollar, but caharge and then not give a service...Like Ive said in other posts before... I come from a Lawyer family, this is pure NEGLIGENCE.....

I Agree with Posts here, If it wasnt for EC or Pinco Mod, I wouldnt play, 2D is unattactive, not user friendly, and if I wanted bad graphics I will get my SNES or Megadrive out for the day..... We live in 2014, not 90s anymore, Upgrade the whole game, out with the old, In with the new.... Keep players happy and on their toes to play, or you will see a fall in numbers, even more than before.... Or is that a plan, so that we can finish the game and move onto next project.

About things to do in a free day,,,, got millions of things to do, but I paid for a service and I want it given to me, seen the Sunrise, fed my lil brothers and watered the garden, now I wanna play in a game.... So get off your asses DEVS or however is responsable and sort it out!!!

23. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

CC hangs at "Connecting" often enough tonight, it seems to only do it while using UOAssist, I can login without assist (CC) no problems.

EC doesn't work at all.

24. Dimitroff

Dimitroff Visitor

Dear Broadsword,
    Remind me again what are we paying 13 euros a month for?
    I wonder how your new partners from Steam will react to this...

25. Shackles

Shackles Adventurer

Damn guys... I do everything on the EC, I am bummed about this... but is the doom and gloom really necessary? $13.00 for a whole month is pretty cheap entertainment if you ask me. Perhaps if we complain enough they will refund us the $0.43 that we lost in our investment to our entertainment for this day?

Life sucks, stuff happens, calm down a little aye? Its a 16 year old game. I personally am thankful they haven't pulled the plug yet against all odds. I'm sure it will be fixed tomorrow..

startle likes this.
  26. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is the UHall forums, one of the few places where if a developer sneezes the players will cry that the sky is falling.

That is not to say that the EC not connecting isn't a bad issue, as it is. But people tend do to complain and overreact over every little tidbit here.

#26 Viper09, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    startle and Acid Rain like this.
  27. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

We're far from the old days where you had to code your own monitoring system and interface it to a modem using TAP to send alerts to your team on their numerical pagers.

We're in 2014, why aren't the services/systems monitored? And no, a sysadmin job isn't 9-5 when you work for a small company.

Zalfein

28. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

You are absolutely correct. I have free server monitoring software that sends me a text on either my phone or tablet if it goes down. However, in this case it appears that only the EC side is down, and not sure how monitoring software could handle that.

29. Esdejie

Esdejie Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

LOL, who is THE guy who made it go that wrong? And how did he manage such a success on getting selective failure with EC ? That's a true prowess, no ? He frees my WE; sunny weather here today :thumbup1:

30. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Same issue here - get full server list on CC, just hangs on EC then gives Problem Communicating error.

While this is very annoying, on the bright side I checked here BEFORE reinstalling EC this time....

31. MalagAste

I'm just stating a fact. I will NOT play the old CC anymore. Hell I had to ask how the heck to log out of it. I can't move have no macro's set up and I'm not about to work on setting them up. Simply put I'm not going to play UO without the EC. To me the effort to play it is just a waste of my time. I've no intention so if that means I miss todays summit then so be it.

And honestly I've been getting to the point where I just don't care anymore and one more thing to push me away from UO might just do it.

I loved UO don't get me wrong it was the game that I always said I'd play till the servers closed. Feels like they are closed to me.

32. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Had to load up the CC here also as I can't connect using the EC.

DAM IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOO OLD!!

33. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Ok Point here is, yeah its a very small amount per person, but if suddenly 1000 people ask for a refund, then it becomes costly for them..... And end of the day, the money I rather have it in my own pocket than theres, if I am not getting the service THAT I HAVE PAID FOR!!! Its not free....

Aye I agree with you, todays technology means we can monitor and control this stuff, 2nd point, EA, BROADSWORD and the new STEAM to join us, are not small companies and I am sure they can employ someone or a group for 24/7 monitoring, remind me why I pay for a game??? Definatly not for the Graphics... or game content...... I pay for it to be functioning, This may happen in pirate servers not in OSI...Please some respect for the payers

To this comment I agree, some people may be used to playing CC, but newer players, May not be so inclined at CC, and to be honest If I was new to UO and someone showed me CC graphics, I would probably wouldnt join or play game... I got to agree that I use EC alot and CC not at all, its old and out of date with todays technologies... sorry but thats not excuse for me, How many people here had a black and white screen mobile phone?? What phones u have now?? Colour..... well the game should thik the same way, old tech out and new tech in, especially if people are paying for a service...

34. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This issue has been resolved.

startle, CovenantX, BeaIank and 2 others like this.
  35. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Dimi, Steam see this and they would prob Op out, Steam has a good cred in that sense

36. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Thanks Bleek for the Update, and sorry for my harshness, But I like things done right.....

37. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

OK, I just logged in ok with the EC.

38. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

... for a few glorious moments in 2014, there was no EC ... hehe

startle and Victim of Siege like this.
  39. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Thanks Bleak for the Early Morning Response.

Wow.

When my kids get this way. I tell them its time to shut off the computers and go play outside.

They clearly need a break.

startle likes this.
  40. MalagAste

Bel'la Dos.