1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC just Chewed a Hole though My HD

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RuSini Neb, Jan 14, 2012.

1. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

So I try to download a 5 mb file today and my computer tells me Oh sorry u out of de space... So I look and sure enough 0gigs/500g free.....

I start trying to hunt down whats going on because their should be atleast 25 gigs free.. Well I find out my UO EC folder is exactly 25 gigs now... I start doing some snooping around in the Directory Structure and I come across MainMisc.uop a single file that is weighing in at 22gigs by its self. I asked a friend how big his was, he reported 25megs..... wth ? Can I delete this file or something ?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its should be no where near that big mine is 6m or so
    ! you could back up your character macros and such and reinstall
    or you could try remove that file and then hit the check file box on start up and see if it will repair

or wait for better advise from those who know EXACTLY what that file is for

3. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mine is 131KB from a fresh install. I deleted mine and the game just made a new file same size.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

One single file of 22gigs??? Yeah, backup your desktop folder and try deleting it. Worst case re-install.