1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] EC lag

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Storm, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

OK the last few days I have been pinging in the EC around 200ms normally I am around 120 in ec and around 100 in cc now in the cc I am still at 100 but ec is way higher than it should be! is anyone else seeing this ?

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I have always gotten better ping using the EC than the CC (and it really should be that way given that the EC theoretically syncs better...) But I have not loaded the CC in....nearly a year. I know doesn't really answer your question, but I found it odd that your normal EC ping is higher than your CC ping when mine is reversed.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I know something has changed sense the last publish not sure if its the way its handling the packets or what

4. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well i have just changed frm a 2.1duo core computer to a kick ass i7 3.4 (8 processors) with 4gb ram and it kicks ASS no EC lag gone so that proved to me it was my machine that lagged and not internet or server side issues

5. Seems the EC does a terrible job of prefetching files it needs, and KR had the same problem. If you have a problem with connections or lag after a game patch, then it's probably fragmented files.

Move all your UOSA files to another hard drive, the defrag and optimize (close up spaces) with a decent defrag program. Then move your files back to your game folder. This puts all the game files together and really speeds things up.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

<---- is going to try that

7. By the way - this also got rid of my mysterious crash to desktop. I haven't had any since I did this, before it was pretty regular.