1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC Mining Question

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by anvira, Jul 14, 2010.

1. anvira

anvira Guest

Ok, I love the client, but seem to have issues when out mining.

Everywhere I try to mine, it's stating 'cannot see location', which I could understand if I was 10 tiles from the mountain.

If I move around, sometimes it will identify the proper place to mine, but more often then not, I have to move on to the next spot, because it will not.

Is there a trick to getting this to work properly, or in the EC are there just issues with this?

Any help/comments/suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you :)

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Where you mining? I have no such problems at open areas near mountains.

3. anvira

anvira Guest

Mining in Ter Mur...

I've been playing with it, I think I just have to be a bit more specific where I stand (for some reason on slopes it isn't working good, but otherwise it works ok enough for me to just move around a bit).

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If the ground is very uneaven or some times the walls can give you grief also! I just made a target macro that digs 10 times and use it on the pesky spots

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Stand one step away from the mountain, and you should have that error much, much less... The way it works is that it actually targets a few steps ahead of you to where the nearest source of ore is, and so if you are right up against the mountain it will often try and target through the mountain itself to the next valid spot, which will block your line of sight. Being a step out usually avoids this though... as well as remembering there's quite a large chunk of mountain that counts as the ore spot, so taking a few further steps along won't miss anything, you'll pick up every ore location eventually anyway.

6. anvira

anvira Guest

Ohhhhh, thanks for the info! I'll give that a try too!!