1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] EC on a Stick?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Merion, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Before I go through all the downloading and patching for nought - has anybody tried to install the EC on a USB Stick (preferably with Pinco's)?

I keep using a lot of different PCs and would love to just carry my UO with me, instead of installing over and over again.

2. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Well since the game also uses the Documents folder (and probably several Registry entries), it's not really a self-contained program in that way. Your best case scenario would be to have an updated copy of the client (patch the client, install Pinco's, etc, then copy the folder holding everything to the thumb drive/SD card, etc) ready to copy over where you need it.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yea patching can take ages after a new install. A portable install with pinco would be awesome!!