1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC playsound

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Doubleplay, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Curious about EC Playsound. When I am playing the EC and select the sound option box for EC playsound, nothing seems to happen. I log off because I suspect a restart might be needed, but still see no change. I use Pinco's, and if I log in with the UO patcher, I do not get (for example) the tillerman response sounds. However, if I log in with the Pinco patcher, an EC Playsound icon pops up in my windows taskbar even before the game loads. I then get the playsounds I expect. After using the Pinco's patcher, it does not matter if I select the start UO option or start UO patcher option, or whether EC playsound is selected, EC playsound is active.

So my question.... does the option box for EC playsound work or not? I only get the functionality if I start the game through the Pinco's patcher and then I get the functionality regardless if I have the EC playsound option selected or not.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you must start the game with the UI patcher or with EC playsound, never start it with the default patcher or it won't work.

#2 Pinco, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, Pinco.