1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EC Problem.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Smoot, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I play EC very rarely, but currently no item names are showing up in my inventory when i mouse over them.

How do i fix this? i looked to see if i had an option checked wrong but couldnt find anything.

P.S. no pincos or anything, just default EC client.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

make sure you are patched and up to date

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

yep fully patched.

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I recall having read that such problem is happening when you use legacy containers.
    Do you have legacy containers turned on? If so, try to check it off, close and open the container.

5. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for the reply

Of course i have legacy containers, doesnt everyone? i couldnt imagine browsing vendors without it.

it did fix the problem temporarily, but i cant really continue using it like this.

Devs, please fix this bad bug.

6. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I am working on a fix for this issue.

CovenantX, MalagAste, DJAd and 4 others like this.
  7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Thanks Bleak

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Your soooooooooooo 1999 Smoot :D

9. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

God no. The new containers + grids are great. I stock my vendor with legacy containers enabled though and noticed this last night. Glad there's a patch incoming.

DJAd likes this.
  10. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This has been resolved.

DJAd, BeaIank, kronides and 3 others like this.
  11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update Bleak

12. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

It's better, but not as good as it was before.
    The problem now is if items are too close together and you drag your mouse from one item to the next, the new item will highlight yellow, but the label will still display the old item.
    I can hop all over my backpack from item to item and it keeps the same old label up. So now apparently my runebooks a runebook. And my runes a runebook. And my daggers a runebook. And my dye tubs a runebook. And my ships a runebook. And my house tool is a runebook. And my apples are a runebook. Etc. At least that's what the stuck label says.
    This makes it really hard to shop powerscrolls and such when they are neatly stacked side by side. They all look like the same scroll!
    But thanks for the quick fix it is a lot better then no labels displaying at all :)
    Tighten the screw a little more and it should be back the way it was...
    YOU CAN DO IT BLEAK! :)

I also use the legacy containers to stock vendors. You pretty much have to if you don't want your vendor to be a messy pile to CC users. But I do prefer the grid view for my bank, backpack, chests in my house, etc.

13. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I also use legacy containers in EC, and have been worried about this. I will go check out the fix....

14. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Yeah it seems the invisible footprint, so to speak, is much larger than the items, if you mouse away and back though it switches quickly enough. But you can't smoothly mouse over things that might be in a row along the bottom of your pack

15. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

The reason I don't use the legacy containers in the EC full time is because it's not as perfect as the CC.
    In the CC wherever you drop an item is where the item goes.
    In the EC it seems to shift. Or the item ENLARGES as its in your cursor and shrinks when you drop it so you can't tell where its gonna fall.
    That's what caused me to switch to the grid views.
    But I gotta admit I do miss the special charm that actually having the items in the backpack gave.
    The grids are very nice and convenient, but they take away the magical immersion that is/was UO.
    Oh and I still have to use legacy containers when I visit a friends house who uses the CC. I don't wanna mess up their stuff by moving it around with my grid view. Since when you move an item in grid view it shifts the item in the legacy container and shoves all the items on top of each other at the top of the backpack.
    So it is important to have the labels working correctly :)

16. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i just like legacy containers because its easier to arrange, saves space, rather than having a huge grid of items that have to be scrolled thru.