1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] EC Slowdown

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Vercingitorix, May 19, 2010.

1. Lately I've been noticing more of a slowdown while I'm using the EC. Usually when there is a lot of activity on-screen, 10 or more monster/people. Using a netbook 1gb of RAM with a Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express graphics chip, believe it has 64MB of memory. What can I turn down, if anything to keep it running smoothly? Have most checkboxes, unchecked in the options, using lowest resolution available, 800 x 600, no shadows, idle, think I have it set to 20 for framerates.

Thanks for any help given.

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You could try shrinking the inner game window. In other words, maximize the UO EC window, but shrink that inner game window that shows your house and land so that you have a larger black area.
    I'm hoping the next update will finally optimize EC. Keep fingers crossed.

3. Thanks, will give that a shot when I get home, it's already resized but could still be playable smaller.