1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] EC Video Issues

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Sevin0oo0, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

don't know if any of this is fixable, but I have a recent install, basically box stock, no UOAssist...
    [​IMG]

Notice the shield and box colors, when I click them they turn their true color until the backpack is re-opened. Not just those, but many items (runebooks, most essence, primitive fetish) all initially appear darker than their actual, until clicked once, for as long as that pack stays open.
    Many times, when opening a backpack, the graphics are scrambled looking until the contents are completely drawn.
    Quest Log not drawing well, ever.
    When moving a hotbar, the map, or paperdoll, it's like moving a floating object, in slow motion, thru mud.I can run around the area fine, exc. thru luna where unfreeze, draw vendors and a few items, then house, freeze.

technical stuff...
    pf usage goes from 163mb to 849mb
    cpu usage from 1%(idle) to ~70/30 UOSA/Explorer .exe (essentially maxes out)

CPU
    Intel 1.70ghz Celeron M core1.692ghz
    Bus 99.53mhz, rated FSB 398.11mhz
    DDR2 2048mb PC2-4300 (266.5mhz) memory

VIDEO
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series (0x5A62) (AGP 1x,2x,4x) Bus 0
    Bios: 008.049I.001.000 Date: 2005/11/24
    400mhz Internal DAC
    128mb DDR SGRAM UMA Frame buffer
    1440 x 900, True Color (32 bit), 60Hz
    Hardware acceleration: Full - write caching Enabled
    OPenGL
    Main Settings [Balanced]<- Performance | Balanced | Quality ->
    Anti-Aliasing [Application Preference]
    Anisotropic Filtering [Application Preference]
    wait for Vertical Sync [Default Off] <-always off|default off|default on|always on->
    Force Z-buffer depth [Disabled] Force 24-bit|Force-16-bit
    Tripled Buffering [Disabled]
    Direct 3D
    Main Settings [Balanced]<- Performance | Balanced | Quality ->
    Anti-Aliasing [Application Preference]
    Anisotropic Filtering [Application Preference]
    texture Preference [high quality] <-High Performance|Performance|Quality|High Quality->
    Mipmap Detail Level [high quality] <-High Performance|Performance|Quality|High Quality->
    wait for Vertical Sync [Application Preference]<-Always Off |Application Preference|Always On ->
    support DXT texture formats - Enabled
    Alternate pixel center - Disabled

I'm thinking I just don't have enough cpu, thought I'd see if there was something I could tweak before trying my other laptop with vista, especially since the Quest thing is fubar looking. There's a few changeable options in video

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Try uninstalling and reinstalling fresh video drivers first and see if that helps clear it up.

Secondarily, it looks like you're on a mobile system (laptop or netbook). It may come down to if the onboard graphics are using 128Meg Dedicated or Shared memory... if it's shared memory, you're going to have problems with lag.

It could also be that the hardware is a bit old (given the BIOS date of 2005... KR came out in 07, I had an HP laptop that could run it well, but it had a 256Med dedicated GeForce onboard) thus is struggling to run it at all.

Start with the drivers and go from there. That MIGHT clear up the graphical weirdness, but I don;t think it will help the lag though.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.