1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tinkering] Ecru Citrine Ring?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Rotgut Willy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How do I make Ecru Citrine Rings? UOGuide says I need access to Heartwood so I assume I need a recipe from there? Where would I go for the recipe?

I'm looking to get as high of an Enhance Potion rating as I possibly can. The Ecru Ring will give me +50. Is there a bracelet that also gives +50? I've seen the Alchemist Baubles with +30.

I do have a crafter with tinkering currently being trained. But I guess if it's too much hassle or if the chance of getting the recipe is remote, I can resort to buying what I want.

Thanks!

2. drawn

drawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i forgot how high u need to be to be able to craft an ecru ring but there is no special recipe that is needed.

EP rings are maxed at 50 (used to be 75 :( )
    the highest bracelet is the alchemists bauble which is 30 ( all others capped at 25)

without alchemy on your template, you are capped at 50 ep by the way so even if u have 115 EP, you will not get the benefits of more than 50 EP without alchemy on your template

3. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Yeah the character I want it for is nearing GM alchemy.

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You don't need a recipe for Ecru ring. I think you just need Mondain's Legacy. I love my Ecru:
    50% EP
    FC1
    HCI 13
    Energy Resist 10
    Spell Damage 5

I hate the last two, but it's still a nice ring.

5. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Does higher tinkering give better chance at higher random stats?

I saw one for sale today on a vendor with +17 increased damage, 77 luck and a defense increase (I forget the value). Selling for 225k.

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Nope, just that the higher the tinkering, the less chance to fail. I dont know if you lose Ecru gems on fail. Exceptional Ecru doesn't mean a thing either. You'd think it would.

7. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

And you get the gems from mining, right? GM mining required? (I think I'm at 75 right now.) Do you need to mine particular ore veins for specific gems, or is it random?

Thanks for all of the information.

8. GM Mining needed for these gems and some others. No particular vein produces the gems - it's all random.

9. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

You can have 95 mining plus +5 mining gloves to get you to 100 mining in the meantime for the rare gems.

10. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Thanks!

Everyone on these forums have been very helpful to my newbness. I appreciate the replies.