1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

edit my title?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jasonleebeck, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

hi, sorta off topic. i wanted to edit the title of a thread i made, so i go hit the edit button, change it to what i want, and hit continue. to my surprise, my title has not changed! when i look at the actual thread, the title has changed there, but not in the list of threads. the change is significant enough (imo) that a change is necessary, but since the title isn't changing after the edit, it leaves viewers under the wrong impression, sorta like false advertising.

lil help plz & thnk you

2. If anyone besides yourself has replied to the thread you can't change the title. It can only be changed prior to anyone posting.

3. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

so i'm pretty much stuck with what i've got and/or left with making a new thread eh? ...figures. tyvm for your fast reply.

4. Yep. That's about it.

You're welcome.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I changed a title here one time..... right click in the subject line (not going into the thread) and you can edit it there...... least, that's what worked before.... and I think there are instructions around here somewhere for it

'course, things change :D

6. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

Link me to the thread and I'll see what I can do.

7. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Really? I remember JC changing the title of his thread about the fansite policy shenanigans several times...

Could it be a "rank" thing?

8. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Please try this FAQ entry:
    (I do not think this made it yet into our public FAQ, will look into it)

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

ahhhh :) nice to know the old-timers thing hasn't completely entrenched itself ;)

10. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

11. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

12. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

I don't know what the problem is, I've tried all the solutions in here, including switching my browser to IE from Firefox. Thanks everyone for your efforts, I'll just go ahead and make the new post.

13. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, this is very new with the new forums. In fact, I just used this method to fix your title for you.

What versions of IE and FF were/are you using?

If anyone else ever has any problems fixing their own title, please either Private Message a Moderator on the Forum (shown at the bottom right on the forum thread list page) or send an email to [email protected]
    • Please include a link to the thread that needs fixed when contacting us.

14. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Orvago, I think that the Advanced method only works to change the title, for certain levels of permissions/user groups - I ran into this in the early days of the new forums, when I was trying to edit stickies' titles on Players Center as a Mod.

Try testing it with an account that only has standard posting privs.

As for the poster clicking on the name on the forum level, just how small is the spot you have to target to do it? I've had some attempts take 20-30 times to hit the right spot (half the misses resulting in opening the message)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!