1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EEP! galloping inflation

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Went shopping for scrolls, cos a friend is training cartography.

Set off for Skara, planning to do the Skara tour, 7 npcs, 140 scrolls - but they're 60gp each!

Guess I'm shopping in non-faction towns for a while.

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Hit a non-faction town and the prices should be cheaper. Zento usually has fair prices. Also faction towns that have cheap reg vendors, will have town vendors with normal prices. :)

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Actually cheap faction regs usually = cheap npc prices too. That's why I've been buying in Skara. Bought at 10gp, sold on my vendor for reds at 15gp (300 for 20). Which meant reds could buy at standard npc price and I still covered vendor fees + profit.

And yes, unless there's a cheap faction town somewhere I'll probably be shopping in Zento.

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ocllo. Mage shop and library. A quick first run will net 80 scrolls or so, and they only double from there

5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Just curious. Why do the faction leaders place the prices in their towns so high? It's not like people will actually buy things at those prices. It seems silly, you'd be more likely to get extra silver if the prices were comparable to the non-faction prices.

*shrugs*

I guess I've never really understood the whole faction thingy...la