1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Necromancy] Effect of higher necro?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Wulf2k, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Does having necro higher than 100% success chance have any effect on any spells?

Basically I'm wondering if there's anything similar to Magery, where higher skill means higher heals, or if Spirit Speak is the only modifier for necro.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Hmm...I don't think so. I think that the only benefit to having above 105 necro is more reliable casting of vamp form and revs. I know what you're saying re: magery - higher magery means more damage healed. However, I don't think that this is the case with necro.

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Ok, thanks.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

*crosses fingers, hopes he's right...*

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Your corpse skin is slightly more effective at 120 necro than it is at 100. Animate dead seems to depend jointly on SS & necro, but as long as both are 100+ you won't see any difference with higher necro.

The only real reason to have higher necro is to ensure 100% casting success. 100% sucess at strangle is 105. Vengefu Spirit (revenant) is 100% at 120 necro. I sometimes leave my cross shard necros at 100 because I still have 100% success to wither at GM.

-OBSIDIAN-