1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Effective " Dark Knight" Template pvp/pvm(Siege)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Te'kan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Te'kan

Te'kan Guest

I am building my roleplayer now but I am having a time deciding on the different templates (and memery serves that siege making one can take a while if one is not a power gamer). What is the best all around dexxor template?

I have 119 archery, and 118 Swords with thier accompaning skills. But the thread I put in the warrior forum didn't get alot of hits I think due to the Siege caveat. Based on Siege ruleset, what is the best or more then avg dexxor build?

I want to PvP and PvM and I plan on roleplaying a knight... but I wont do the stealth archer thing, or have a warrior template with ninjitsu... just wouldn't go with my fluff.

I am hoping for some suggestions, if any please.

I was thinking of running :
    120 Swords
    110 Tactics
    82/92.1 Anat/Healing
    110 Bushido
    110 Parry
    Rest in resist and Focus/med.

I was planing on this but then I found out that Parry on a samurai with a shield is useless.... so I am back to square one. I have heard that a full chiv warrior requires lots of gear to get to 4/6 and lots of mana. So I am really in a quandry on what to do. I would like to run a shield with Parry, but if I can't and truely be effective then so be it, I will change a little.

2. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you want to run a shield, 4/6 shouldn't be that difficult. It's a pair of 1/2's and an FC1 weapon and FC1 Shield. All fairly easy to acquire.

Is there a particular reason you HAVE to run a shield? Bushido is a nice template and you can run it with a 1H weapon [you take a small hit to parry chance, but it's not horrid]. Or just run a 2H weap

3. Te'kan

Te'kan Guest

Just the knight and shield thing, you trying to stay to fluff. It seems that Bushido's only two skills that seem to be used are lighting strike and confidence, with evasion having a long timer

is it that good in PvP?

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

confidence can also be interupted- yes? Does not seem as effective as quick heal from chiv or magery, though this one does not pvp, so perhaps he is mistaken.
    Just the idea that something takes time, and can also be interupted, does not seem like good idea.

5. I've got some similar templates.

Basically:

Weapon skill 120
    Tactics 90
    Anatomy 85
    Healing 100 (or 90 if you use the yellow bandages)
    Bushido 115
    Med 100
    Chiv 110

Since you want to run parry, you could drop the chiv, the problem is that with a weapon and a shield it will be hard to drink pots. Also, as you've identified, parry doesn't work with a shield and bushido.

A better bet is to drop bushido. Bushido isn't necessary for PvM. It is nice but not necessary, especially when you have chiv.

Bushido is good for PvP because you don't have to equip hit chance and you get crits with lightning strike. Also, confidence heals are nice since you can do them while moving.

As far as casting goes, 4/4 is plenty for a chiv dexxer in PvM or PvP. You notice 4 recovery with magery, but you don't really with chiv.

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

Some good points would be...

chiv is nice but 4/6 or 4/4 really is only needed for the healing, and holy light.

Really depends on what kind of pvm you want to do, 4/6 or 4/4 at a champ with a hit area weapon is very nice, however against the actual champ, or peerless monster, bushido allows you to honor the monster which is really the best skill ever in my opinion, you can easily get 100% damage increase, on top of all your other effects.

I don't like healing with chiv, especially when you already have healing, really depends on the dex requirment of the character.

Confidence can be interupted, but you gain so frickin much so quick, its pretty rediculous, even if your trying to disrupt it, your opponent can gain 10+ hp at lightning speed.

enemy of one, consecrate weapon are insane for pvm, add in the 100% damage bonus from honoring with a leech weapon and youv got yourself a pretty nasty pvm character.

I would remind you that your going to dress completly different based on the activity, 4/6 in a non spawn pvm is not needed. Any boss type creature just needs, honor+EoO+CW add in healing and leeches and your golden.

4/6 in a pvp situation however can be gross, no one really likes fighting a crazy fast chiv healer while hes swingin at ya.

My final and most important piece of advice. I would set and gear your character toward pvm, because it takes so much dedication (character speaking) to be a good pvper. If your character is split for pvm and pvp ability, you won't stand half a shot against someone dedicated entirely to pvp.

Its sort of like the old addage, "jack of all trades, master of none."
    So I would go pvm 100%, every pvm character has at least some pvp ability, hell the ability to hit someone with a sword in general is consider "some pvp ability"

This will mean you can still assist in pvp, and be amazing in the pvm scene. Anything less than full dedication and you really won't be able to compete with 90% of Siege pvpers.

Just my 2 cents.