1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Effete undead gargoyle following a stealther

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by gortman, May 18, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I have not noticed this with any other creatures, and was curious if anyone else has experienced it.

I recalled to the Tomb of Kings entrance with my stealth tamer when the Holy City spawn was active. I ran in to the Tomb, then hid and stealthed back out to lore some of the spawn. An effete undead gargoyle near the entrance started following me around while I was stealthing. I never stopped to see if he was going to attack me (may have to do that as a test next time), but no matter where I walked, he was right on my tail. He did not reveal me - I was stealthed the whole time.

I guess it's possible he aggro'd on me when I recalled in, and the aggro wasn't broken when I came back out of the tomb in stealth mode. Just never seen anything like that before...

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It can happen with any kind of monster. :)

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Can you tell me more about how it happens? I've stealthed around lots of creatures before and never noticed this behavior before. Does it have to do with being aggro'd when visible, then exiting an area and returning before aggro wears off?

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's exactly it.

Things that were aggro to you when you left, will start following you when you return, despite your being hidden. And, they will sometimes follow you around even when you're visible, for a minute or so, before attacking you again.

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info, Basara. So will they just follow you around or will they actually attack when you're stealthed? If the former, that could be a relatively safe technique to separate a mob from the crowd in environments where you're working close to the entrance/exit of an area.

6. Miasma has a habit of following me around while I'm stealthed. Always wondered why it didn't reveal me...

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They won't attack unless you are revealed. But once they aggro you again (or aggro something else), they will stop following you.

Basically, if you cross any server line, any mob that have aggro'd you before you crossed that serverline will stick to you like some sort of speedhacking superglue when you get back to that sub-server.

Some serverlines allow mobs to follow you across.