1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Egg Case Webs?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aboo, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I saw several Egg Case Webs on vendors. Where do they come from?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

several different web styles reported as drops from Mephistis

not that I would know, Aboo.... I'm always running for the shrine :D

3. Aboo

Aboo Guest

:hahaha: Thanks for the reply AND for the laugh!

Ummm, who is Mephistis?

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:eek: spehling cowntz

from UOGuide

we've been running into her at the Humility spawn when we're really only there to visit with Baracoon

5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are also some Doom stealable cacoons, which have an artifact rarity tag on them. To my understanding these are supposed to go hand in hand with the ones Mephitis drops.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Are you asking about this:

[​IMG]

The web around the Cocoon is from the replica's, the large web outside was from the quest at Halloween where you got the spinneret and Gossamers... the small webs are from Halloween Trick or Treating...... The smaller web behind the large web is also from the replica's.... and there is a smaller smaller web behind my character that was from the Halloween event.... I've also seen but don't have the half circlish web that goes around the top of the smaller cocoon...

*and a P.S. to the DEV team..... I thank you a zillion times over for that lovely dread spider statue!.... and the noises I just love it!

Now can we please pretty please TAME dread spiders and other spiders? Right now you can only tame regular Giant spiders and the Frost spiders...... I would LOVE to tame Dread Spiders, Black Widows.... that would totally make my day!

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As others have mentioned Mephitis, of the Arachnid Spawn, drops the web. I got one a few days ago :) (they do not have [Replica] tags, they of course just say "web" or what not).

And MalagAste ... maybe add small snakes to the mix again, too :). Used to be able to tame small snakes with I think 60 some odd taming. But, Dread Spiders are a bit too beefy to be able to tame, in my opinion ... well, maybe if they were a three slot ... not sure.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh trust me they have next to no hit points .... dread warhorses and Cu are 10 times worse.... I would be ok if they took 2 slots... Maybe 3 though I would like a pair.... They are also kinda slow... Don't know how they would be fully trained though... who could tell?

9. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Yes I think that is it but I've only seen it alone, not around a cocoon. Thanks for the picture!

10. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It comes alone. You can place your cocoon in front of it (on top) however it works. Don't have one to test it.

11. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I'm going to continue to show my ignorance here. It drops from Mephitis, of the Arachnid Spawn, is this a permanent feature?

My niece would love one of those. She has a "spooky" house that it would look great in.

12. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

It's a replica drop/decorative drop that's been added. It's totally random so it may not drop all the time, but rather ocassionally.

I know I want one but I'll be lucky if it ever drops and I don't get ganked running away from the spawn hehe.

13. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, permanent feature. Yes, from Mephitis. I just got myself one of the ones for the otehr egg case earlier. :)

14. Aboo

Aboo Guest

There are more than one? Are you talking about the smaller one? I think that's the one I have seen before.

15. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

Yup. There's the small one that goes around the small egg, then a large one the size of a cocoon.

See attached images.

Attached Files:

16. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Thank you very much for the response and the pictures. The small one is the one I have seen on a vendor.