1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Alchemy] Eggs??

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by CrazyUserName, Jan 2, 2009.

1. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know these can be bought from cooks... but the item catalog states that these can be looted from chickens, however the Hunter's database says only feather and a raw chicken can be looted off a chicken after you cut it... is there any chance for eggs to be dropped by any creature (minus vorpal bunnies with the colored eggs)?

2. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Titans tote eggs frequently ...

3. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Maybe that's something Sakkarah will pass along. We can gather milk from cows now so no reason to not be able to collect eggs from chickens. :)

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

..or our birds' nests.

5. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Definitely 'the birds nest' I thought for sure they'd give eggs

6. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

ROFL

You're just like me. No shame whatsoever! :D

7. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Hmmm... to get a bananna from a Gorilla, you have to kill it. I don't think you should just be able to walk up to a strange chicken and get eggs.

I think you should have to do a quest. After this quest is complete, you get a little wooden statue of a chicken and a recipe scroll. After gathering other materials, you are able create a chicken coop.

Now that you have a chicken coop... you can go out with your herder and get some chickens to put in it.

If you log on every day and feed your chickens, you get one egg daily. If you miss a day, all the chickens die and you have to get more.

Just letting folks get free eggs would create an imbalance in the game economy. Imagine all the "egg billionaires" who would start buying up all the castles and towers. *shakes head*

Safe Travels, Sam

8. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I actually like that idea, Sam! :D

9. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I'm not even started yet!

Rabbit stew anyone? Beef kabobs? Why on earth isn't meat labeled properly??? I don't know about you, but when I order a meat pizza I want to know WHAT meat is on it. :D

Oh yeah. If we can milk cows, why not goats?

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I notice that milk and eggs never spoil, no matter how long you carry them around.

11. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Another one that supposedly carries eggs (according to the Hunter's Guide) is Yamandons. Of course, that's a bit of overkill going out and taking down a yamandon for a couple of eggs, but yeah...

12. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

heheh - Yamadon for eggs - hehehehe - then stick an apple in his mouth and spit roast em over fire pit.:D