1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Elf benefit in mining

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Deception, May 6, 2010.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A quick question:

Does an elf receive only a bonus to finding higher levels of ore, or does it also receive a bonus to mining special ML gems?

Thanks in advance

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

we THINK both, but the way the RNG is so messed up, it's possible for a human to do the same amount of digging, and get a lucky streak, and outperform the Elf. In fact, I knew of a couple times where my human and a guildmate's elf, would usually have one of the characters get 3-4 times the gems as the other, that way - and it was just as likely to be the human as the elf.

%#$%#$%^ RNG.....

3. Deception

Deception Sage

Lol, alright, thanks basara. Race change tokens are cheap, I might as well go elf.

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

No need for a race change token, just do the Elf-to-Human quest (unless you are a gargoyle, then you'd need to use one).

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I had ones that were elf - I ended up changing back to human because the benefits of increased gem drops never materialized for me, and I preferred the extra carrying capacity of a human over a higher ore amount that really only came into play if you mined in fel (which I don't), since a +10% bonus ore chance per dig and the elf increased dig numbers balance out, for ore. (the elf has an advantage in ore for fel, because they get more digs of 2 ore each, while the human bonus isn't doubled in Fel).

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Yup, I'm disappointed with my Elf miner. I mine in Tram mostly and on small occasion Fel. The extra random "pop" we get as an elf almost not worth sacrificing the human's strong back and JoaT.
    Maybe I should go to Fel. I just didn't like my last trip when a red came and nerve strike wiped me. It was a rush though! I guess that's what it's all about.