1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Elf crafter quests

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Tuan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Does anyone know what the probability to get a runic saw/fletchers kit from the elf crafter quests is? I was getting a saw about 1 in 50 for 7 or 8 saws. Now though I've gone something like 300 quests without a saw...

2. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

lol, a few days ago I got 4 runic fletch kits and a couple of rare recipes in 500 bolts........yesterday I got 1 rare recipe and no kits in about 750 bolts, I quit then cause the recipe was the last one I needed to have them all. I'll go back in a few days when I don't wanna have to concentrate on anything.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

According to UOGuide,

http://www.uoguide.com/Oak_Runic_Fletcher's_Tools There is a 1 in 500 chances to receive an Oak Runic Fletcher's tool;

http://www.uoguide.com/Ash_Runic_Fletcher's_Tools There is a 1 in 2.000 chance to receive an Ash Runic Fletcher's tool;

http://www.uoguide.com/Yew_Runic_Fletcher's_Tools There is a 1 in 5.000 chance to receive a Yew Runic Fletcher's tool;

http://www.uoguide.com/Heartwood_Runic_Fletcher's_Tools There is a 1 in 10.000 chance to receive an Heartwood Runic Fletcher's tool;

No wonder why some players script these quests....

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I do not trust those numbers. They seem to be too high (based on my observations). Typically, the "Discussion" tab on a wiki page is used to capture the process, source, and/or raw data to support conclusions, such as the ones cited above. In this case, there is no supporting information.

Though I have no data to support my observations, I am certain the odds are better. I am unaware of any thorough data collection to determine runic odds.

After the ML release, there was speculation/hinting that the runic odds improved with the difficulty of the crafting quests (ammunition being the least difficult; repeating crossbows being the most difficult). I am not aware of any undertaking to prove/disprove this speculation (which would also give estimates for runic odds).

Personally I use the Ingenious Archery 1, simply because crossbows are easier to click on. The "make quest item" button on the crafting menu was added much later than ML release.

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I would say that based on the rate that I have gotten runic saws while doing the quests, I would almost cut the numbers that popps cites by a factor of 10.

Since I am doing the saw quests, there's only one "make" quest to choose from, so I can't comment on whether or not I get tools faster for more difficult items.

CorwinXX likes this.
  6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

There are two carpentry quests: Arch Support (10 foot stools) and Stop Harping on Me (20 Lap Harps).

I do not know if there is a drop rate difference between them. I have not seen any in-depth testing on them either. I use Arch Support because it uses far less resources.

7. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Oh, I didn't know the harp one was carp too. I always use ariel, and (s?)he offers only the Arch Support. I find 90 boards per quest, so 4-5000 logs per saw to be pretty reasonable.