1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Elf to Gargoyle, anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Bullseye_of_Atl, May 18, 2010.

1. Here's why I am considering......My one mule is Elf, he has 120 smith, 100 mining, 120 imbuing,110 mysticism(80 wo rings)< for inscription, inscription, armslore currently stoned....

Seeing how the RNG is out of wack, I was thinking on converting my elf into a winged mule...for the benefits of imbuing, do you think this will mess up my mining or smithing at all?

2. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I heard that sometimes there is a bug when you go from elf to gargoyle where you can't fly. Here is a link to the discussion about that. Just a heads up incase you run into that.

3. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

No elf change yet, but I did use the token to change my Human tinker/miner-smith/imbuer to a Garg just so I could get that small percentage bonus, anything helps when you are using Relic Frags to imbue.

The two things you will miss:

No miner gloves, so you lose a bit when smelting high-end ores; however, you can prob offset this by using the reward pick?

Secondly, I miss logging off and on while riding a blue beetle loadied with all my stuff - the imbue ingreds are quite heavy!

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Jacob's Pickaxe does not work like mining gloves. It will not raise your skill above 100, so the best you can smelt at is GM skill.

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That RNG being out of whack doesn't just apply to the *benefits* of being an elf - it also applies to imbuing. The minuscule increase for a successful combine comes nowhere close to outweighing the things lost from either being an elf or a human.

The one, and only way, it is an advantage to being a gargoyle, is that you have a better innate chance at unraveling relic fragments (ie; the item intensity requirement is lower).

And you'll need to weigh that against the (currently broken) boost to resource gathering, ability to actually ride a mount (and log out without stabling), and, in the case of your elf, night sight.

6. The 2 drawbacks thus far, can't ride fire beetle, no big deal there, but, can't wear blacksmith gloves of mining.

hmmm