1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminate the Point Cap

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by TheScoundrelRico, Jan 19, 2016.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Coming from a long time poster who has accumulated a few posts, likes and points...I'd just like to see the point cap removed.

Also for post count, you may want to make some additional tiers. If you look at the member list, you'll see that a lot of of folks at the top hit the cap a long time ago.

The reason I bring this up is the idea of gamifaction which I think is the reason for those systems to be in place in the first place. Just a thought...la

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Capped, meaning your points are no longer increasing? Your points are currently 36,931. Does that number go up when you post or receive a like? I'm not aware of an indigenous way to cap trophy points.

When we migrated to the XenForo 1.0, trophy points were the only way to assign titles. That's why points corresponded virtually exclusively to post numbers--so nobody lost their titles upon migration. Over time, XenForo enabled a post-based title hierarchy, which would allow for more creative gamification through trophy points. Back when Dawngate was a thing, we used trophy points at The Shapers Guild to assign little badges under users' avatars. See:

[​IMG]

For reference: Trophies | Stratics

Captn Norrington likes this.
  3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I've been at 36,931 since the new system was implemented. Since that time, I've posted numerous times and received numerous likes. No change. If you look at the member list, you'll see that nobody has more than 36,931. That's why I assumed it was capped...la

4. Taylor

@TheScoundrelRico Yep, that definitely sounds like a bug. They make need to run a cron to recalculate the points or something.

5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's been that way for years. Here is the page that shows how many points are given for each trophy, when you add them all together it hits the 36,931 cap Rico mentioned. Trophies | Stratics

Taylor likes this.
  6. Taylor

That's a good clue! I'm not sure.

7. Taylor

Oh, wait! I know why! Maybe... Maybe we set the trophy criteria to award points after X number of posts, instead of per post. I bet that's what's going on.

8. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

I'll poke around :p

Speranza likes this.
  9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

I'll poke around :p
    OK from what I see in the back end, you don't actually get points added until you achieve specific criteria, which would explain why it has an effective cap, there isn't any criteria to be met that would continue to net you points. I'll bring it up to the rest of the staff and we'll see what gets tossed around, i can't make any promises though.

Speranza and Captn Norrington like this.
  10. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I like my current title and would like a way to lock it and/or choose from any of the lower titles.

Gidge, Taylor and Captn Norrington like this.
  11. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Well, at a certain point, you can customize your title - so you could always customize it to whatever tickles your fancy.

12. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights